Page 1 of 12
I love them, ever so much.

Goodbye to the Gallows is such a good album, And I'm sure their new album will be just as amazing, if not better.
Favourite track would have to be: When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

Opinions on them?
They play at my Ritz all the time. Let me tell you what, they get a ****ing crowd going. I was there for my first hardcore show (I'm not really into the genre) and the whole crowd was just waiting there while the other 3 bands played wanting Emmure the whole time. Those guys have amazing stage presence.
Quote by Citiz3n 3ras3d
were you at this is hell/soldiers last saturday?

emmure are pretty unoriginal but for some reason i really love them

Nope, I was really busy last weekend. I've been busy with a lot of stuff lately; I haven't been to a show since February 2.

However, I will probably be at this show:

Blacklisted , Verse , The Carrier , Reclaim The Crown , Probable Cause
Tuesday, Apr 01, 2008 6:30 PM EDT
at Knitting Factory

****'s gonna be sick.
Last edited by hardrock1315 at Mar 28, 2008,
emmure are mint - my favourite is when keeping it real goes wrong - that riff in the opening sequence is friggin awesome
Lasciate ogne speranza voi ch'intrate - Dante
Only the dead have seen the end of the war - Plato
?proxima quaque metit gladio? - Virgil
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Whatever profane word that was, I'm sure I agree with it.

pretty much this
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
i don't think they are as bad as everyone makes them out to be, i don't have a problem with them. i will listen to them on occasion, but thats pretty much the extent of it.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Quote by hardrock1315
Nope, I was really busy last weekend. I've been busy with a lot of stuff lately; I haven't been to a show since February 2.

However, I will probably be at this show:

Blacklisted , Verse , The Carrier , Reclaim The Crown , Probable Cause
Tuesday, Apr 01, 2008 6:30 PM EDT
at Knitting Factory

****'s gonna be sick.

of course it's on a tuesday-____-;;
meh you didn't miss anything. Elysia shut it down halfway through their set because someone did a cartwheel and knocked a little kid out. before the first band went on the place was overpacked and i missed the first two bands because they wouldn't let everyone in. i pretty much paid $10 to stand out in the cold and then watch 2 bands, one of which didn't even finish their set. ****
Theyre a lot better than I expected coming from Victory Records. But they should be opening for On Broken Wings right now instead of being the headliners.
the respect issue isn't very good. theres some good parts, but its different. and has a weird vibe. i'm not feeling it
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL
Emmures melodic stuff is their best part

i have the new record and it doesn't have that much of it on there wich is kinda disappointing
Quote by BassNewbie

i have the new record and it doesn't have that much of it on there wich is kinda disappointing

agreed

i was really disappoint by the new record. there is 2 good songs on the whole cd.
the rest is boring.
emmure is so dope, i have seen them over 3 times!
the newest album they are writing sounds amazing, except Kurt Angle is sponsoring them?
its kinda funny how you guys all mention about originality.
you think they played in a hardcore band to be original? ahahaha.
You cannot have Original and Hardcore in the same sentence anymore.
So just give it up and take what you get.

I honestly don't care if they "lack originality" they're a good band, and they're good at what they're doing.
I cannot wait to get The Repect Issue.
im downloading respect issue right now....im on the edge of my ****ing seat
Quote by birdman267
GRINDXCORE GANGBANG,
I like the way that sounds

Quote by SoVeryFlash
The only thing you have to avoid at a Senses Fail show is tears.
Quote by BassNewbie

Exactly how i feel.
I really like the melodic parts, but the new album is bland breakdowns and no fast riffage or drums, just so chug bull****.
Emmure are awesome, but I havnt heard the new album yet. What is so ****ty about it?
And a wise man once said:

"7 Strings are more brutal than 6"
Emmure is pretty much my favorite band ever. Ive known of them for like two years now. And I know like every word to their songs. I just love them soooo much. And, a buddy of mine downloaded The Respect Issue (their new album) soooo I will probably be listening to that for the next month straight. They are amazing live too. All I can say is if you see them live, get up front and sing!

Who said they lacked originality?? Have you read their lyrics? Tell you what, go sit down, listen to goodbye to the gallows, and read every lyric that goes with it, and if it doesnt remind you of some really emotional time in your life, you have no soul. They dont lack originality at alllll, its just that so many new bands have come out recently that sound similar.
Last edited by Dead__Poetic at Mar 31, 2008,
Quote by Coollisj22
Emmure are awesome, but I havnt heard the new album yet. What is so ****ty about it?

7/10 on the cd sound the same.

the songs are basically just boring breakdowns

there is 2 kinda melodic tracks, but thats about it
I loved Goodbye to the Gallows, and honestly it was amazing. But everything that made that album great is missing in this one. Breakdowns don't have the same affect if they make up the entire song. I've only made it through the first 4 song on TRI, and I can hardly bring myself to listen to more. Sound Wave Superior might be one of the worst songs I have ever heard. It pains me to say it, but the album ****in sucks.
Quote by Inimical
So he's sexually attracted to animal rights activists?

That's messed up.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If Pokemon were real, I'd get me some sweet, sweet Jynx pussy.
I disagree, listen to number 5. Its amazing. And number four? God Damn, I never thought it would be this easy.
Wow..Goodbye to the Gallows was a great album....I'm so mad after listening to The Respect Issue..I was looking forward to some good stuff. It's just boring...they're way too breakdown happy...and the songs are just over all wierd..
Quote by Dead__Poetic

Who said they lacked originality?? Have you read their lyrics? Tell you what, go sit down, listen to goodbye to the gallows, and read every lyric that goes with it, and if it doesnt remind you of some really emotional time in your life, you have no soul. They dont lack originality at alllll, its just that so many new bands have come out recently that sound similar.

real emmure lyrics:

I STILL CRY TO THE BAYSIDE CD EVERY NIGHT!!

also, yes they lack originality, they are just another chug chug band capitalizing on kids that jerk off to breakdowns and trying to be tough.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
real emmure lyrics:

I STILL CRY TO THE BAYSIDE CD EVERY NIGHT!!

also, yes they lack originality, they are just another chug chug band capitalizing on kids that jerk off to breakdowns and trying to be tough.

I couldnt disagree more. But you're entitled to your opinion. All I can say is that they are a hardcore band. If you dont like breakdowns, dont listen to hardcore. Go listen to some gay metal ****.

On the other hand, I do agree that their new album is a little bland, with less melodic parts, but its still a good album. It certainly wont serve the same length as Goodbye to the gallows, but whatever, I've always loved emmure and the Respect issue will not change my opinion.
Quote by Dead__Poetic
I couldnt disagree more. But you're entitled to your opinion. All I can say is that they are a hardcore band. If you dont like breakdowns, dont listen to hardcore. Go listen to some gay metal ****.

your wrong

there are soo many great hardcore bands that rarely use breakdowns.

breakdowns dont equal hardcore
Defiantly not as good as Goodbye, but its still pretty decent. I'm gonna have to see the lyrics also. Emmure is my favorite HC band and when I listened to the all clean melodic track on the new cd, i thought it was ****ing cool as hell to hear that from them. Too many breakdowns though, i agree.
Midnight whispers choke the daffodils, that were in your hair.
Quote by andyq777
your wrong

there are soo many great hardcore bands that rarely use breakdowns.

breakdowns dont equal hardcore

I think you should of first pointed out that Emmure isn't a hardcore band to begin with
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Quote by Dead__Poetic

Your idiocy is ridiculous. Emmure basically is "some gay metal ****"
Quote by Dead__Poetic

On the other hand, I do agree that their new album is a little bland, with less melodic parts, but its still a good album. It certainly wont serve the same length as Goodbye to the gallows, but whatever, I've always loved emmure and the Respect issue will not change my opinion.

no sorry, my opinion is correct. and how would you assume i listen to "gay metal ****" not to sound like a prick but i know what i am talking about. you obviously dont because of that statement. Breakdowns never were and are not an essential part of hardcore.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Wow you guys really do know what you're talking about. One of you says that Emmure isnt hardcore, another one of you says that breakdowns aren't part of hardcore music.

I mean I really must be dumb.

I never assumed you listen to gay metal ****, I said go listen to metal, because traditionally metal has less to no breakdowns at all. I really dont understand how you can say you're a hardcore fan if you dont like breakdowns.

Emmure is a hardcore band. Period.
Quote by Dead__Poetic

I mean I really really really really must be dumb.

you said it yourself

the rest of this post was incredibly dumb too. go GET EDUCATED on what hardcore is, and then come back.

plus metal has a ****load of breakdowns. ever heard of pantera?
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob