I see lot of ESP fanboys, going like jackson is crap and such. This is in response to that thread where ESP fanboys are ripping on jackson, for I think Jackson make some of the best guitars in the market. My favorite guitars for over are washburn, kramer, and Ibanez- kramer being the best for metal. However, the best Jacksons I playerd were always better then the best ESPs.

Who else agrees? I don't know whats goin on with the jackson market, they need to advertise.
it annoys me how they haven't updated their website for like 50 years or so
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
I pretty much like jackson and ESP equally when it comes to metal, but I do think that the very top of the line ESP's (multi-thousand dollar models) are unbeatable. I'm not saying jackson guitars suck at all though, I love them.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Quote by samtewari
it annoys me how they haven't updated their website for like 50 years or so

+1
its ridiculous that they wont update it......personally though, im a Jackson user, havent played on an ESP yet but want to pretty badly. I am a jackson fan though, just wish that their USA made stuff didnt cost 3grand....
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
I love the feel of the jackson guitars though. Its up there with ibanez. Well i like ibanez's feel better but thats probably subjective.
the only thing better than a USA Jackson is a custom made guitar made by a luthier. there is nothing better than that
+1
its ridiculous that they wont update it......personally though, im a Jackson user, havent played on an ESP yet but want to pretty badly. I am a jackson fan though, just wish that their USA made stuff didnt cost 3grand....[/QUOTE]
You're in luck! They're around $2,000!

Also, am I the only one who's sick of threads about how everyone thinks Jackson guitars are going out? Obviously, they're not. Why don't people do some research before they go around spreading the wrong info?
so this thread is about how a jackson fan doesnt agree with esp fans? and wants backup?

i personally dont like jacksons, but they have some quality models
I play ESP and Ibanez. I have nothing against Jackson's... they just aren't the guitar for me...

that is all
Quote by SeventhSkull
+1
its ridiculous that they wont update it......personally though, im a Jackson user, havent played on an ESP yet but want to pretty badly. I am a jackson fan though, just wish that their USA made stuff didnt cost 3grand....

You want the Alexi 600 huh?
We have a Jackson thread...

BTW, according to some people in the company, Jackson is planning a new website. Can't come soon enough
I love Jackson, Especially the Pre 2000 models. Much better quality imo than post 2000.
I love both of em, I've played top of the line models from both companys but I like ESP's more, personal preference I supose.
I Like Cake
Short answer: yes, they are awesome.

Long answer: sorry, can't be bothered. Read the billion other threads about Jackson.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Jackson guitars make the best metal guitars.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
ive got 3 jacksons and tbh i really like them. my jackson RR5 is the best guitar for playing live that ive ever used. i really like them. i just like 2 hav guitars to cover all bases
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
So this is my Jackson story, back in 1987 when I was 19, my folks bought me a nice Yamaha RGX to learn guitar and it was great. After a year of dabbling with it, a friend of mine who was also into guitar, were checking out different electrics at the music story. Most didn't feel different than my Yamaha, until I picked up a Jackson Dinky. It was like magic, the neck, weight, finish and the wonderful tone. The price though was out of my league at the time, but I always wanted to get one eventually. Fast forward to June 2007, I bought a Dinky to inspire me to start playing guitar again. I haven't put it down since.
you just cannot beat a USA Jackson or custom shop.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by nt1440
so this thread is about how a jackson fan doesnt agree with esp fans? and wants backup?

i personally dont like jacksons, but they have some quality models

Yes and no. I am not a jackson fan. For metal my gary kramer is what i like, and overall i prefer the RG series. However, in another thread I saw a bunch of ESP fans ripping on jackson. Even though i am a washburn, kramer, ibanez fan, I have tried both jacksons and ESPs. I really like the jacksons. THey feel great, and are some of the best stuff to play metal. They are shred guitars.

Jackson guitars are awesome.
My Jackson is the most comfortable guitar I've ever used. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.
I don't like ESP, they just make carbon copies of Jackson (and other) brands.

Take a look:

Jackson:

Hey, we'll snip off a bit of the headstock...

Jackson:

Quick, put our headstock backwards too!!11

Jackson:

We'll just have to change the color scheme a bit... voila!

Jackson:

I know! We can change the inlays...

... Esp needs some inovation...
Quote by Tremolo Bum
I don't like ESP, they just make carbon copies of Jackson (and other) brands.

Take a look:

Jackson:

Hey, we'll snip off a bit of the headstock...

Jackson:

Quick, put our headstock backwards too!!11

Jackson:

We'll just have to change the color scheme a bit... voila!

Jackson:

I know! We can change the inlays...

... Esp needs some inovation...

Just a bit TOO similar. Really. IMO, The USA Jacksons are significantly better than a Japanese Ibanez or ESP. Japanese-made Jacksons are great too, after playing one, I know this for a fact (you just gotta love music stores).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Tremolo Bum

I love the Jackson headstocks, always have. They make great guitars, I'm just not a big fan of painted necks but could live with it if it felt right.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
i have a SL3 soloist and I love it. I almost cried today when I went to my local shop and saw the same one in mint condition (used) selling for $600!!!
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
It's ridiculous that when I say I prefer ESPs over Jacksons people think that I am bashing Jackson.
I duno, looks like one of those kinda guitars that when the company gives the guy a signature the guy just thinks of anything that will make it crazy and differant from the standard model. Thats just my opinion though really.

Anyone seen the new Demmelition? Link

Also theres a Matt Tuck sig planned (Looks nice from what I've seen, reverse headstock and blackouts) I hope it doesn't have any BFMV logos on it though. Not that I hate the band there not bad, I just don't want a guitar that has someone elses band on it.
[quote="'']I duno, looks like one of those kinda guitars that when the company gives the guy a signature the guy just thinks of anything that will make it crazy and differant from the standard model. Thats just my opinion though really.

Anyone seen the new Demmelition? Link

Also theres a Matt Tuck sig planned (Looks nice from what I've seen, reverse headstock and blackouts) I hope it doesn't have any BFMV logos on it though. Not that I hate the band there not bad, I just don't want a guitar that has someone elses band on it.
The Demmelition is total sex in white and red.
I thought it wouldn't turn out so great, but it looks like I was wrong. (glad I was!)

Really nice specs too.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I've played high end models from each company, and I have to say I prefered the ESP to the Jackson. I like how they basically take a popular shape, and put their own spin on it and refine it. I'll put it this way, I'd much rather have an ESP SV-STD than a Jackson RR1 and I dont care who knows it.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
This is how it is for me: Jackson is the original metal guitar company. They play fast, look awesome, have original designs, etc. There's just a warm feeling when you see Jackson on the headstock. ESP however play nice, look nice, but basically just copy other shapes and make them a bit different so they dont get sued. They then put the ESP or LTD logo on the headstock. I like both companies, I just like Jackson better. ESP just gets the big named players so everyone wants to have an ESP. But they are solid guitars nonetheless...
i love jacksons but esps and caparison are much better value in Australia sadly
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
ESP and Jackson are my favourite guitars for metal, i think they are about the same quality for the same price in the ones i have tried. ESP will make anything possible in the custom shop so artists choose them.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
I want an RR3 but i really don't think it looks £400 quid Yet to play one btw, anyone got one?
I've played the RR3 BigRat. It plays really nice, the trem has held up for over a year now (Friend owns one). and that friend plays pantera, machine head and the like. What im getting at is he abuses the trem and its holding up.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Yea the RR3 is a awsome guitar, especially for the price. It plays great and the later ones have seymour duncan pickups, and there the ones used on the USA guitars.

I kinda wish there was somephing I could mod on my RR24, but everything is already perfect! lol

Actually I might put in a seymour duncan blackout, I'm getting kinda bored of EMG's and the blackouts are apparently amazing.
^yeah i've been thinkin about droppin a blackout in mine. The Demmelition looks awesome!
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A