Hmm so I'll be going to see some local bands tonight. It's a bunch of high school kids my age and suppoed to be good fun, lots of ladies

The thing is I've never been to a show before

I've been told to stay away from the mosh pit x_x

Haha but anyway im not sure what to expect, what goes on fo rthe 5 hours this local show goes on? Also, I wanna meet some new people and all. Im kinda a shy person too, an dim not used to hanging around people like this (all my friends are into that soulja boy crap and all), any conversation starters .

Hopefully I enjoy it.. what was your first real show like?
My first ever show was Linkin Park at the Birmingham NEC (don't bash lol) and it was pretty damned good. I was quite close to the front and a couple of fights broke out

Have fun.
I wouldn't define a local gig as a first real show, it's completely different to larger, professional gigs. At a local gig, people are often less interested in the music and there for the company, and it's not as crowded, and there's less atmosphere.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Ahhh well yeah its not a real show, but still something I guess. But this place is supposed to be about 250-300 people.. and crowded enough so you can barely move, so that should be itneresting.
My first gig was Bad Religion and it ****ING OWNED!!!! Have fun dude and make sure you drink loads and loadsa beer and it will ROCKZOZRZ!

Im excited... im allowed to go to the pub tonight, my gf has let me out for the night!Yeehaw!!!!
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Dont stay away from the mosh pit!!
Best fun ever!!
And meeetin people with blarin music isnt that easy ,bathroom i spose bit creepy tho...
i'd tap that .........speaking to a bass, its a music joke!

Harley Benton-hbb200bk
Epiphone Thunderbird
Electro Harmonix Double muff
Harley Benton 80-b amp
Ernie Ball Strings are my preferance!
Quote by Supafly1824
Ahhh well yeah its not a real show, but still something I guess. But this place is supposed to be about 250-300 people.. and crowded enough so you can barely move, so that should be itneresting.

Fair enough. Maybe your local scene is better than mine

Anyway, most of the people who say mosh pits are brutal are the ones that haven't tried them, so don't listen to them unless you know they have.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
My first gig was Idlewild in Brighton, was pretty good fun, although as has been said, very different from local stuff like you're going to. It's always slightly more interesting when you don't know the bands.

I ended being in the middle of the mosh on my first gig (although idlewild arnt really heavy), it was actually really fun, although i scared a couple of my mates by how into it i got...

Have fun!
Last edited by t3hjames at Mar 28, 2008,
I went in the pit at my first gig. You say you won't, but you probably will. Its not anything to worry about anyway, its fun.

I was seeing a local band called SpeedTheory, I got photos with the lead singer.
Meh last local band show I went too somone fell through the window... It closed at 10pm and riots started, people got spiked and arrested.

So yerr. Have fun. xx
Quote by Supafly1824
Hmm so I'll be going to see some local bands tonight. It's a bunch of high school kids my age and suppoed to be good fun, lots of ladies

Haha but anyway im not sure what to expect, what goes on fo rthe 5 hours this local show goes on? Also, I wanna meet some new people and all. Im kinda a shy person too, an dim not used to hanging around people like this (all my friends are into that soulja boy crap and all), any conversation starters .

Just ask pople what they think of the bands playing, thats always a good conversation starter at local gigs.

Have fun mate!
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
well, if its indoors, chances are itll be way loud.

you wont really have to talk much because you probably wont be able to hear anyone.

you can talk to them outside or in between bands though
Alright, thanks for the responses. Im off now to my friends place for a bit, then the show. Hope it goes well
Quote by Supafly1824

People stand around and drink and smoke. Some drink more than others and this causes LULZ to occur as fights break out and such.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I agree with break-me-in. Just wait till you go to a REAL concert. I wouldn't expect much from a local gig.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
1. Get drunk

2. Make awkward sexual advances

3. ?????

4. Profit!
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Do whatever you want, mosh pits aren't dangerous usually. Also, about meeting people just comment about one of the bands. You'll have a lot of fun.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by GooseMcShred
My first gig was Bad Religion and it ****ING OWNED!!!! Have fun dude and make sure you drink loads and loadsa beer and it will ROCKZOZRZ!

Im excited... im allowed to go to the pub tonight, my gf has let me out for the night!Yeehaw!!!!

+1 My first 2 shows were both bad religion.

Local shows around here, people stand around and watch. 1 kid tried to start a mosh and he knocked a girl into the microphone pole and got kicked out.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
My first show was a 3 band show.

1 black, 1 death and 1 thrash metal band.

The pit was awesome, get in it.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
my first show I went to was Megadeth...pretty damn good except the band headlining 2nd sucked
My first show was judas priest when i was about 9? I remember going to an overkill show a few months later. I still go to shows till this day and im 16.
Talk to people between bands.
Post here after with details =]
Starting pits will scare people into submission ;]
Chicks dig moshers.
Nah I dunno, tis lolworthy though.
Jono
xXx