Hey guys,

First of all, I am sorry for all the questions this week. I have had copious amounts of free time to tweedle with my rig. This idea came to me from the conjunction of the HC Amp Forum and a Dream.

I was thinking of adding this Avatar cabinet loaded with Eminence Rajin Cajun's and Copperheads in a X-Pattern. And running my Fender Twin through it (with Red White and Blues)

http://avatarspeakers.com/

it's the g410 cab listed under "traditional"

Does this seem like a good idea? Or no? I'm just throwing things out there, so I'm not really shopping. Just curious.
What would you be hoping to accomplish? Seems like you've already upgraded the speakers in the Twin, and it should be damn loud enough already. I don't get it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
What would you be hoping to accomplish? Seems like you've already upgraded the speakers in the Twin, and it should be damn loud enough already. I don't get it.

I'm thinking that it will add a fullness to the sound: a little more punch and a little more low end to the distortion.

I hooked it up to my Marshall 1960 with Greenbacks and got something close to what I want, but it was just a little to bottom heavy.
10's'll provide some punch, but really won't add a lot of low end. I'd think an oversized, closed back 2x12 would serve you better in that regard.

I hate to discourage anyone from spending money, but again, I really don't see the point.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I really doubt a 410 cab will add much bottom end. You do have a bass knob on the amp you know, or do you have it maxed? What are you using for distortion, a pedal, or the amps OD? The reason I asked is because the fenders OD is far from what I would call good. To take advantage of your amp a nice distortion/OD pedal may really help you get the tone you are looking for, or if your using a pedal a different one may help. You have a good amp with decent up graded speakers, and really you should be able to get the type of sound you are looking for without the need for another cab.
Quote by Johnbryant
I really doubt a 410 cab will add much bottom end. You do have a bass knob on the amp you know, or do you have it maxed? What are you using for distortion, a pedal, or the amps OD? The reason I asked is because the fenders OD is far from what I would call good. To take advantage of your amp a nice distortion/OD pedal may really help you get the tone you are looking for, or if your using a pedal a different one may help. You have a good amp with decent up graded speakers, and really you should be able to get the type of sound you are looking for without the need for another cab.

I'm not looking for overdrive. I'm looking to add more sonic texture to my sound.
Quote by Johnbryant
^ Only trying to help, try an eq pedal.

Have an EQ pedal.

Okay, let me rephrase this:

What would happen if I ran my Twin rever 212 into a 410 cabinet with the aforementioned speakers?
Last edited by colin617 at Mar 28, 2008,
Quote by colin617
What would happen if I ran my Twin rever 212 into a 410 cabinet with the aforementioned speakers?

You will add some "sonic texture." The 10" speakers will send out a signal a split second quicker than the 12's, due to thier size. That will add a fullness, a layering of sound. I don't think you're going to get the bottom end you're looking for, though.

But in answer to your original question:

Quote by colin617
Does this seem like a good idea? Or no?

No. I don't think it seems like a good idea.

You could achieve essentially the same effect with a 2x10 cab - provided, of course, that the Twin even allows you to run a cab in parallel to it's internal speakers. I think there's better things to spend your money on from effects to an upgraded guitar. If you really wanted to upgrade your speaker situation, I'd be looking for a 2x10 from a better company than Avatar.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.