I'm in the market for a new amp, crappy epiphone amp ain't cutting it anymore, i play a lot of metallica, lots of miscillaneous rock artists, some classic rock.....you get the point. i plan on hooking up a BOSS MT-2 (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-MT2-Metal-Zone-Effects-Pedal?sku=151328&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0) I'm looking at Marshall's, Krank's, mayke Orange........what do you use? any suggestions would be helpful, and for my brains sake, try to keep the lingo to a minimum. thanks all
Don't use the Metal Zone on whatever new amp you're getting. It's not the best pedal to begin with, and probably won't let the true tonal improvements of your new amp come through.

What's your budget for the amp, and how will you be using it (gigs, bedroom, etc)?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
budget is between $500 up to $800 TOPS. i'd just beusing it for myself for now, no gigs, or band to speak of
Something like a Peavey Valveking 112 would be a good choice. One of those, and a nice overdrive pedal (for higher-gain sound or boosted leads) would run you about $500 ($400 for the amp, figure about $100 for a nice OD).

If cleans are not an issue for you, the Peavey Windsor Studio is also an option. Same price as the VK, but it's 20 watts and I believe it might have more gain on tap.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by EpiSG1987
budget is between $500 up to $800 TOPS. i'd just beusing it for myself for now, no gigs, or band to speak of

You could have a look at these
Valveking 112
or
Windsor (if you don't play clean)

Those two could easily do metallica tones, unfortunatly, thos are the only two I can think of at the moment.
my mt-2 surprisingly sounds amazing comming out of my randall rg100g3.. and i paid about $600 canadian for the amp
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
Valveking, Windsor, that one B-52 that I forget the model name of, maybe a used 5150 combo if you're not too worried about cleans.

If you feel like doing a bit of upgrading, you could get a Valveking 1x12 and use your leftover cash for a nice new speaker and better tubes.

If you want awesome cleans and metal isn't your first priority, you could also get a Classic 30 and an OD.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
peavey valveking 212.. i own it and love it. its extremely loud and can get you anything from an overdrive to pantera/metal sound or whatever you need. at about $600 you cant beat it for the quality and sound