Page 1 of 2

The woman's body was taken to Colchester General Hospital Mortuary.

would there be anything left of someones body if they were hit by a train??
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

No, trains travel at a speed high enough to totally disintegrate your body on contact.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
50mph train + woman = definite mess though
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mexican Strat w/ Kinman Woodstock Pickups

Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX (soon to be a Peavey 6505)

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
With all do respect, but she had it coming.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Thats one of my worst nightmares. Getting your foot stuck in the train tracks and getting hit. Unreal. Poor woman.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

yeah
thered be pieces
many many pieces
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by Green_Jelly
With all do respect, but she had it coming.

exactly, she was being stupid, but imagine having to sit there just watching as a train is about to mash you up without being able to move wow...

Edit: she crossed when the barriers were down^ or so I read in another article
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
Would it have been right for the guy to stay on the tracks, attempting to free her, and was killed also - as a result of trying to free her even to the last millisecond?
We're only strays.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
How does she have it coming if her foot got stuck? I'm sure she wasn't planning on that happening.

yeah, but to cross a railway track is not exactly worthy of a Nobel Prize.....
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
you can actually lay down and not die, so in theory if the b*tch had done that she wouldve only lost a leg
Quote by Lamrick21
you can actually lay down and not die, so in theory if the b*tch had done that she wouldve only lost a leg

I'd guess she wasn't really acting rationally, I probably wouldn't think of that in her situation
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
Sure, she shouldn't have tried crossing the barrier, but she didn't "have it coming" at all. That just implies that she deserves it, which she didn't.

I feel sorry for the family. My auntie died in a train related incident around 30 years ago (there was no level crossing lights at the time. She was driving over the tracks, but her view of one part of the track was obscured by trees on the way across. She never saw the train coming. This was in full view of the family home's front room.) and I know my dad still can't fully accept it.
there are things that are there to stop you from crossing for a reason, but still that kinda sucks...

Did UG learn a lesson about trains today?

No?
*facepalm*
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Whilst its never a wise move to attempt to cross a railway line it is a horrible thing, especially when you get your foot caught.

That train was also going relatively slow as well mind.
Quote by Ichimaru
No, trains travel at a speed high enough to totally disintegrate your body on contact.

well u know wat i mean ...

cos its just pieces... n if they're collecting the pieces to take them to hospital then...
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Lamrick21

Is it really necessary to call her a bitch?

And not everyone knows that.
I am sorry but why would you cross a railway?
As sad as it is and i am really sorry to hear this, but come on, common sence people.
i agree,t his is horrible it makes no sense, it sais she tried crossing around 7:50pm last night, but the train hit her at 6:38pm?????
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It'd be for identification and burial purposes.

aah yeah.. but... how can u identify a massacred bloddy face thats in 50 bits??

(im not gona let u win this! )
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

They have to take it somewhere they aren't gonna just leave the pieces on the track you muppet.
And the Darwin Award goes too...

Seriously.. Anyone with a brain knows that train lines = dangerous.

Surbiton is classic example. Trains come speeding past at 70+ mph and parents let their kids stand right on the edge of the platform. I just stare... Me intervening wont stop the parents negligence. The kid being smashed to bits by a train might knock some sense into them though.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps

DNA.

Match it to list of next of kin.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
the 6:38 service is the name of that particular train journey

e.g. i get the 5:00pm service from Brighton to get home from college
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
wow, that really sucks

but, am I the only one that was more upset by the two guys that tried to help her? think of how they must feel right now, like they watched as that woman died and tried to help her and failed that would be the worst feeling ever
That's a case where, unfortunate as it is, somebody should have gone and found an axe.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
What an idiot, crossing the lines when the barriers were down is grade A stupidity.

There were two girls near me who ran across a railway line and got killed by the train, the parents blamed everything but their daughters for it, and it makes me quite sick to think of it happening. However, all these folk only have themselves to blame.
Last edited by Alix_D at Mar 28, 2008,
Quote by Bloodening

i'm from essex, near colchester...people are ALWAYS getting hit by trains round here. there was that kid who went missing from harwich and got hit by a train (found in my mum's friend's back garden, which backs onto the tracks), and then her mum, who committed suicide in the same place by jumping in front of a train.

there's been several people killed on that line (harwich-london, or norwich-london where it joins at manningtree, where i live). there's always delays because of fatalities. sad for the people and the train drivers and the families, but irritating when you have to wait four hours for a sodding train while they clear the line.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Deliriumbassist
DNA fingerprinting, jewellery found on the body, severed head...

ok ok im beat

here have a cookie. *hands cookie*
Carmel is hawt
Quote by esther_mouse
i'm from essex, near colchester...people are ALWAYS getting hit by trains round here. there was that kid who went missing from harwich and got hit by a train (found in my mum's friend's back garden, which backs onto the tracks), and then her mum, who committed suicide in the same place by jumping in front of a train.

there's been several people killed on that line (harwich-london, or norwich-london where it joins at manningtree, where i live). there's always delays because of fatalities. sad for the people and the train drivers and the families, but irritating when you have to wait four hours for a sodding train while they clear the line.

****ing ****s who commit suicide on the tube are the worst, I don't want to wait for a bus replacement which is hardly capable of carrying anyone because someone wanted to jump in front of a train!
I can't even imagine what it must've been like to be in that situation.....be it as an onlooker as well as the woman.

Of course it was a horrible thing that happened to her....but how mentally scarred would you be if you witnessed it? Being there as people desperately tried to save her but couldn't...
Quote by matt bickerton
I can't even imagine what it must've been like to be in that situation.....be it as an onlooker as well as the woman.

Of course it was a horrible thing that happened to her....but how mentally scarred would you be if you witnessed it? Being there as people desperately tried to save her but couldn't...

sucks to be them
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by lostherox__-=_
wow, that really sucks

but, am I the only one that was more upset by the two guys that tried to help her? think of how they must feel right now, like they watched as that woman died and tried to help her and failed that would be the worst feeling ever

Exactly what i was thinking.
Who dat?
Quote by Schneiderman
That's a case where, unfortunate as it is, somebody should have gone and found an axe.

That's why I always bring an axe with me.
Not only is it Metal \m/, but it saves lives too.
Hya! *thump*
"We were stuck for over an hour before we were released and had to climb up ladders."

Err what?
Page 1 of 2