I've never played one but I have heard very good things about them and alot of people use them so I'd say yeah they're a pretty good company.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
good for metalcore
Esp Eclipse EC-1000 (with Seymour Duncans)
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley Tube Screamer Comming Soon
Fender Twin Reverb Commnig Soon
Yes they are. Alot of their signature artists are hard rock and metalcore guitar players, but they also make sigs for Prince and Robert Smith and Porl Thompson from the Cure.
my friend absolutley hates his...its a fairly nice model(cant name it) but then again he only has a les paul to compare it to
I've heard their good guitars if you want what they offer in their instruments, but there's alot of fanboy stuff about them, Schecter's lot seem to be alot more vocal than others
They also make a good line of basses, IMO high quality for their ($500-700) price range.
Quote by up_the_irons
good for metalcore

Fail.

But yeah Schecter is a great company, check them out at your guitar store.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

generally i tend to like Schecter guitars, there not amzing but there pretty good value most of the time... on a side note i like their basses more than their guitars
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
They're good
If you've found a schecter you like just go for it...
It are great guitars for a great value...

don't know if they're the best within there price but defo not the weakes and you won't be dissapointed
decent, i love the looks, but the c1 hellraiser i played had a friggin baseball bat for a neck
Never played them but I have heard very good things about them on this site specially.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join

just picked up an 08' today.

very good stock pups. nice finish. great value. some guys just dont like the coated necks.
i traded my 5yr old c1+ for this one here. so they hold their value pretty well too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

very good stock pups. nice finish. great value. some guys just dont like the coated necks.
i traded my 5yr old c1+ for this one here. so they hold their value pretty well too.

isn't that a 72 tele?
it is their copy of a 72 fender. i bought the fender, i couldnt play it because it was too neck heavy and wide bodied.

so i returned it, and waited a few months, ordered a schecer instead.
this one even comes with push pull pots. not too shabby.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I love Schecter... I think their tone, looks, and feel are superior to many guitars in that price range... but that's all personal preference. Grab one off the rack from a guitar store and give it a feel, you'll know if it's right for you. If you're playing strictly metal, tho, there are guitars better suited for that.
Try one. I think they sound awesome, and look great, however I hate their feel. Not very fast neck though. For fast metal and such get something else. For rhythm they are nice
I love my schecter. Im not sure if I can find another guitar that can even compare within the price range. BTW, i have the hellraiser model. When you pick it up, you know ur holding a guitar.
The two I played were strung with 9's so I thought they felt/sounded like ****, but I've heard good things, and the specs are for the most part good.
Dickless.
I like the neck. I picked a Jackson to play. And i sat down and played for like 1 minute and put it back. The neck was pathetic. It felt like a toy.
Quote by Big_Carp
are their guitars well made and respected?

yes they are. unless your like me and hate the thick necks and bodies they have on their guitars (theyre thicker than gibson). Theyre good quality, just dont feel right. Try them out.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I got my C-1+ back in December, and I really, really love it. You can get so many different GOOD tones out of it that you can play nearly anything. The only issue has been the Coil-Tap. It's not terrible, and if you select the neck pickup with the tone all the way down, you can get a nice jazz tone, but as far as upper harmonics go, there's not really much going on. You're not going to get Fender-quality single coil sound from the coil tap in these guitars. Just know that. Everything else has been really good though. I would highly recommend the brand to anyone that wants a quality guitar for a lower-ish price.
$399.99 for the Blue one and it's a ****ing steal.

SRV R.I.P.
I have a Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack, I play to Heavy Metal/Metalcore and will even go to clean sounds and it sounds great in all aspects, I would gladly buy this guitar again.

As far as the neck, its not TOO much different than other necks, it does have a different feel, but I have gotten used to it and now feel very comfortable playing with it, I'm sure you'd end up the same.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by jj1565

Wow! Grats on the new git!

How you liking it so far?

Any chance of any clips soon?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by MadMojo
If you're playing strictly metal, tho, there are guitars better suited for that.

yeah because schecters definitely cant do metal

/fail

my hellraiser rapes at metal

i prefer it of my friends RG and other friends ESP KH-602

but they are really good guitars i play like every model at guitar center and other guitars too but schecters are really good
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Last edited by NGMF-Sam at Mar 28, 2008,
Quote by Hakael
Wow! Grats on the new git!

How you liking it so far?

Any chance of any clips soon?

i was just downstairs playing it for a while. it's pretty nice. a little headstock heavy. not as bad as fender tho. the neck is a little more managable too.
i know im going to take some steel wool to the back of the neck and put the strap at the neck plate.
other than my personal preferences, it's a nice guitar. thanks for asking.

i traded in my other schecter for it. so i guess i have to update my profile again.

edit: you can still see the little tags they put on the guard, says push pull pot, on the bottom knobs. really gives off nice tones. im loving the neck especially. i never expect much from stock pups, but schecters arent bad.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 29, 2008,
Quote by jj1565

dude....that is the sex
i had a hellraiser, was a brilliant guitar but the neck wasn't for me so i sold it and got a jackson.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Schecter guitars are well made and nicely finished, in fact a very good guitar for the money, but I wish people wouldn't label them as 'metal' guitars, they are very versatile.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Theyre not very well respected as they hanvt been around very long and they're unpopular with alot of people because metalcore bands use them and as a rule of thumb in the guitar playing world metalcore < Dog ****. I personally love them though. They can feel a bit weedy at times. I'd say they're good lead guitars ( well the Hellrasier FR that i played anyway) But for Rythm id say get a dean or an ESP.
schecter make top notch guitars.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by Blackvelvet
Theyre not very well respected as they hanvt been around very long .

schecter has been around since the 1970s, maybe earlier.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62