Vagabond21
UG's Alvin York
705 IQ
I apologize in advance if this belongs somewhere else, if so tell me and I'll delete it.

But anyways...

I'm seeing BB King at the Ryman tonight!!!!!!!!! (aka the grand ole opry in nashville tn)

By chance, is anyone else going? Or has anyone seen him in concert before? If so, how was it?

I just hope he doesn't die before tonight
Jimmy94
GET ON THE SNAKE
971 IQ
I've seen BB King a few times.

He's even more awesome than you probably expect
Vagabond21
UG's Alvin York
705 IQ
Quote by Jimmy94
I've seen BB King a few times.

He's even more awesome than you probably expect

Sweeet, thats what I like to hear...
Dimebag22
☮ ♥ ♫
505 IQ
I hate you all!

He came here, but it was at Flames Centeral which is a bar so it is 18+ only
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Beakwithteeth
Wild and Reckless Hobo
671 IQ
Quote by Dimebag22
I hate you all!

He came here, but it was at Flames Centeral which is a bar so it is 18+ only

You should have went anyway, rules are for the weak.

The only famous musician that has ever come to where I live (in my lifetime anyway) is Steven Tyler, but he was just passing through but sang some piano songs at a bar in town. Theres small-time jazz concerts kinda frequently in a while in a town close to mine though.
Takendergib
22 IQ
i saw him in a concert hall 2 years ago, he is quite extraordinary. best part is all his roadies and stage crew are white and all his musicians are black haha.
A fool is not one who makes a mistake, a fool is one who does not learn from it.
-me HAH!
Iceman 420
UG's Poke-Penguin
1,360 IQ
I saw him a few months ago, it was pretty good. Expect to hear a few stories, the only real problem I had was the seating, but that was just the resort's fault. Have a nice time at the show, make sure to get a shirt or something.
My Gear:
Ibanez GRX20
Fender Esquire
Keeley TS808
BBE Free Fuzz
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Classic 50
Ovation Ultra 1528

"There are only two types of rock guitarists: Jeff Beck and everyone else."
-Mio Akiyama (K-ON!)
Vagabond21
UG's Alvin York
705 IQ
My fellow bluesmen, the hour is nigh. I shall depart for this concert now, steadily tap my foot along with the beat, and play air guitar on the armrest.
Jimmy94
GET ON THE SNAKE
971 IQ
have fun, enjoy your time with the king
Firebread
UG's Jimi Hendrix Guru
1,632 IQ
I just saw him a couple months ago. He puts on QUITE the show. =P
Feed your mind.
Vagabond21
UG's Alvin York
705 IQ
Just got back a while ago...

Man, what a show... he's 82 and still got the moves. His story telling was pretty entertaining as well.

It was kinda like a homecoming for a lot of his band since I think about 4 of em are from the Nashville area.

The show blew me away.
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
sweet, B.B. was amazing when I saw him last year
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Mr.Cuddles
1,324 IQ
saw him a couple weeks ago travelled to the states to see him in eire on this tour, funny as hell.
you'll have a great time.(are having)
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
I wanna see him, it's not something my older brother will pass up either, and my dad might wanna go to, which is pretty good.
Jimmy94
GET ON THE SNAKE
971 IQ
The man can play one note and make you want to burst into tears.
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by Jimmy94
The man can play one note and make you want to burst into tears.

its because he has the most epic tone ever

I want that sound man
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Mr.Cuddles
1,324 IQ
carswell, i head he has a stereo output jack on his guitar as well, but that might not be true, if it is, that might help him get his tone.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Vagabond21
UG's Alvin York
705 IQ
Man.... last night when I was watchin him, he did his famous butterfly vibrato and held it for a few seconds. I could feel the sound waves moving through my ear, I felt like I could almost see them. Its was so awesome
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
carswell, i head he has a stereo output jack on his guitar as well, but that might not be true, if it is, that might help him get his tone.

he does, along with a few other interesting mods that make lucille a very unique guitar
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

failsaferemedy
A New Day Yesterday
41 IQ
B.B. was my first concert ever, back before I even really had an appreciation for the blues. Even then, I was blown away.
The man is brilliant. Glad to hear you loved the concert, man. I hope to catch him at the House of Blues in May.
"Take chances. Do not go through life wishing, instead go through life remembering. There are too many possibilities out there to let them just pass you by. Above all else, have FUN. You only live once, enjoy it while you can."
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by Mr.Cuddles

Yeah, lucille is a ES 355ST.
812many
3,332 IQ
Hey, I just saw BB King a couple nights ago. That was amazing, I got the tickets for my B-day. Starting to run out of time, I'm glad I got to see the legend before he gets too old to perform, ha ha ha. and glad you had a good time.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Hey, I was wondering last night, are there any recording's of B.B. playing acoustic?

Probably, he started on an acoustic given to him by Booker White, I'm pretty sure it was a Stella.
matt92l
not a registered user....
177 IQ
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Hey, I was wondering last night, are there any recording's of B.B. playing acoustic?

he plays acoustic on the album with Eric Clapton, riding with the king. Key to the Highway is done acoustically
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
swishy
343 IQ
I saw BB last spring it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. He is a great storyteller and still has the most amazing tone I've ever heard. Thanks for reminding me how much i loved that show.
"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python appreciation society"
Thefallofman
Lesh Is More
1,573 IQ
I'm wearing my shirt from the BB show I saw in November. Best show I've been to.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Dr. No
UG Addict
587 IQ
I saw him at the Morris. It was amazing. Every time the man picks a note I get chills down my spine.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
kenbiki
410 IQ
Oh Man,be prepared.I went to see him at a tiny venue in Reading,Pa about a month ago and I'll never be the same.He's incredible,heart filling,inspiring and just freakin' wonderful.Best show I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I just scored tickets for a show in Maryland at a tiny venue.It's a b'day present from my Mom.I'm so excited that I'm losing sleep thinking about it,and no I'm not a kid....46 yr old girl I also am also buying an electric so I can learn blues.........and it's all his fault Enjoy yourself,it's a given!!!!!!!
iantheman
UG Newbie
363 IQ
i went to see him a while back. theres about as much talking as playing, hes got a great backing band, and you forget how great he is until he solos, god damn It's been a long time since i heard anything so beautiful.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne