Quite an interesting band from Australia. Blends gothic/doom/death metal with classical composition, full symphonies, half clean/half growled vocals, and a crazy "death choir": a choir of growling vocalists. The arrangements are mostly centered around classical and symphonic music. Slow tempos, really brooding, atmospheric stuff. They just released three albums simultaneously...a little description of each one from the myspace.

Requiem - pianissimo is an entirely classical album with instrumentation performed by the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra, and featuring spectacular choral arrangements along with tenor, mezzo-soprano and soprano solo voices. "Requiem - pianissimo" forsakes guitars and drums in favour of the melancholic tragedy and bombastic dynamics of classical composition.

Requiem - mezzo forte is where the band joins the orchestra and strikes a balance more reminiscent of previous Virgin Black outings, albeit, with greater epic breadth.

Requiem - fortissimo unleashes a sound infinitely heavier than anything in Virgin Black's history. While still retaining an air of classical sensibility, it concludes the series with an intense dose of death/doom.

All the albums are connected by recurring musical motifs.

http://www.myspace.com/virginblackofficial

Enjoy.
Last edited by metal7690 at Mar 28, 2008,
I love this band
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by metal7690
Quite an interesting band from Australia. Blends gothic/doom/death metal with classical composition, full symphonies, half clean/half growled vocals, and a crazy "death choir": a choir of growling vocalists. The arrangements are mostly centered around classical and symphonic music. Slow tempos, really brooding, atmospheric stuff. They just released three albums simultaneously...a little description of each one from the myspace.

I'm definitely gonna have to hear that, and I'll prolly ejaculate in my pants. Myspace is blocked @ school, we'll see after work tonight if the computer is still on...
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
I at first thought this was about Virgin Steele, and was subsequently disappointed.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Virgin Black is an amazing band, and they're great people too. There live shows are so moving...
I knew I would get somebody from Ne Obliviscaris posting in here. I actually discovered this band on your guys forum. Same with Ikuinen Kaamos, and Tim posted in that thread haha.