Right now I could possibly get a 2003 Gibson Standard with Emg 81/85 pickups for about $1000-$1100. It's in good condition (no cracks or broken electronics), just has some use on it with a couple pick scrathes and normal wear. The thing is i have about $750 and I might be able to get my parents to help me buy it if i press them very hard (but they want me first to pay off some of my college debt (as i am a freshman right now)), but the question is it worth it?? (btw i'll be getting about $400 in the next month) So let me know what you would do or what i should do. Also as of now i have a crappy jackson stater and a 30DFX MG Marshall, but I plan on getting a Orange Tiny Terror and maybe this guitar or something similar in the future.

Edit: It's a Gibson 2003 Les Paul Standard
Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief.
Last edited by Orange_AGO at Mar 28, 2008,
I say.. get an amp.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
The guitar is excellent, but it will sound like crap anyway because of the amp. It will pay off though if you are willing to wait for a good amp to cross your way. But if you want good sound now, than it won't help you.
for one is it a LP or SG? cuz standard could be an assortment of Gibsons. Assuming your talkin about a Les Paul, cuz very few ppl nowadays buy SGs over LPs, I say save ur money and get a good amp. Maybe its me but I prefer my guitars new cuz then I know that I've been the only owner of it and can truely call it mine and say it was made for me.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

yeah, you need an amp, I say get a tits amp and some EMG's for the jackson!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!