I'm trying to improve my finger bass technique, I play with two fingers but I sometimes use three fingers by going 3-2-1, 3-2-1, for playing triplets and I can play good enough to play most iron maiden galloping bass lines, I'm trying to get even faster to the point where I can play death metal speeds so I can keep up with the guitars when they are tremolo picking. What are some good ways to develop that speed with fingers? I tried going 3-2-1-2, 3-2-1-2, and I tried 3-2-1-3, 2-1-3-2, 1-3-2-1. Is that a good way to develop my technique to tremolo pick? What works for you?
There's not much to it other than to practice I'm afraid.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
It wouldnt be advisable to go for speed with three fingers as theres a delay with three fingers if your trying to goin in 4/4 time or like that. So strictly speaking just use 3 fingers for triplets and work on your two finger technique to keep up with that tremolo picking. And just practice its the only way it doesnt take long to get up to that speed.
But thats just in my experience..............
i'd tap that .........speaking to a bass, its a music joke!

Harley Benton-hbb200bk
Epiphone Thunderbird
Electro Harmonix Double muff
Harley Benton 80-b amp
Ernie Ball Strings are my preferance!
Quote by Thunderbird11
It wouldnt be advisable to go for speed with three fingers as theres a delay with three fingers if your trying to goin in 4/4 time or like that. So strictly speaking just use 3 fingers for triplets and work on your two finger technique to keep up with that tremolo picking. And just practice its the only way it doesnt take long to get up to that speed.
But thats just in my experience..............

Tell that to Steve Digiorgio.
Excuse my ignorance but who?
And which part?
Well its just me then I just dont think 3 fingers is suitable for 4/4 time is all.

Harley Benton-hbb200bk
Epiphone Thunderbird
Harley Benton 80-b amp
Quote by Thunderbird11
And which part?
Well its just me then I just dont think 3 fingers is suitable for 4/4 time is all.

I don't think two fingers is suitable for 3/4 time.
* Nobody likes WootSticks
wait, i haven't heard anyone keep up with tremolo picking with there fingers. i'm not too much into bass. what are some examples?
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Quote by Thunderbird11
And which part?

This post will be without sarcasm. The entire idea of practicing three finger technique is to make every pluck sound the same. Like double tonguing on wind instruments. (Or triple.) You don't accent the ring finger or pointer finger or whatever. Ever. It should just sound like a constant stream of notes.
* Nobody likes WootSticks
Quote by McGelie
wait, i haven't heard anyone keep up with tremolo picking with there fingers. i'm not too much into bass. what are some examples?

Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse plays with three fingers.
Quote by WootSticks
This post will be without sarcasm. The entire idea of practicing three finger technique is to make every pluck sound the same. Like double tonguing on wind instruments. (Or triple.) You don't accent the ring finger or pointer finger or whatever. Ever. It should just sound like a constant stream of notes.

Oh yeah I get ya Billy Sheehan does it like that

Harley Benton-hbb200bk
Epiphone Thunderbird
Harley Benton 80-b amp