What would be the better buy a Peavey Classic 20 or a Laney LC15? You can see my pedals and guitars in my sig. Thanks ahread for input. Also Im buying used and Im only looking for a lower wattage practice amp. Any recommendations will be considered and researched.
laney for sure. really high gain.
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

Quote by Shakalum
laney for sure. really high gain.

The Laney LC series amps aren't high gain...

They have a decent amount of gain though.

You'd still need a pedal to boost it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Just throwing it out... Used 5150...

Yeah that would be nice...Nice and loud...LOL...Seriously the only reason Im even thinking of getting another amp is because Ive been seeing those amps used on the bay for less than $250. Hell my girl says my 5 watt tube is too loud. I can imagine what life would be like if I bought a half stack like that. I love to crank my amp especially when shes watching TV. I think a 15-20 watt is as much that I could handle right now. I know that both Im looking at dont have gain thru the roof but I dont need that much gain just enough to get a metal tone between Megadeth and LOG or COB.
Quote by Titans36
What would be the better buy a Peavey Classic 20 or a Laney LC15? You can see my pedals and guitars in my sig. Thanks ahread for input. Also Im buying used and Im only looking for a lower wattage practice amp. Any recommendations will be considered and researched.

I think you meant a Classic 30, right? The Classic 30 is by no means a metal amp. You could use an OD to boost it, but that amp isn't voiced for metal. How about the Peavey Valve King Royal 8 and an OD?