Hi,

Im thinking of buying the Roland Microcube and just wondered wether you would recommend them....

I really like the compact size and preset channels and effects...

Also, does it really pack a punch on the volume side....

I would be using it for playin with mates and a home for practice and i love the portability factor. I play all styles of rock, including heavy rock but not too heavy or not too distorted,

Any comments??

Thnx
you said youre gonna play with friends? it doesnt get loud enough if they have bigger amps. other than that, its perfect for you. i have one too but im gonna buy i bigger amp soon.
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.
For the money's worth, it's a good practice amp, all the fiddly controls and stuff are really neat. I myself have an Ibanez ValBee, which is almost the same, but not as complex, and I love that.
The Roland Microcube is really nice; good for sitting in front of a computer waiting for a download or something, although the overdrive starts going off after a certain volume.
Wow, thanks a bunch guys, im only a begginner and am gonna buy my first guitar and amp and this has really helped me.... you see ive been playin my mums old classical guitar and i got bored of that!!!!

Im gonna get a Squier affinity telecaster, what do u think of that

Any comments??

Thnx
Hey man if your interested I have a barely used one for sale on eBay right now.. Selling it because I have a ton of amps heh, give me an email x.trent.x@hotmail.com, or just search it on ebay it's like the only one not being sold from a store.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
if you want to play with other people, get the cube 30 or 60, not the microcube. it will sound like crap when it gets too loud, though it can get fairly loud, and it doesn't have a jack for a footswitch, so you'd have to switch channels by hand. but for bedroom level stuff it sounds amazing.
ok yeah ive got a microcube and it was an ideal first amp to have. as for the tele, the squier teles arent too bad, but for the sake of variety, and arguably superior build quality, id suggest the yamaha pacifica 112. at least try it out. the microcube will be fine but try not to blind buy the guitar. keep us updated, nothing beats a beginner making the right choices!!
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Cheers guys,

if i were to play with mates then i would use theirs cos the guys I wud play with have loads of kit....Anyway, u can plug in ur guitar to the micro cube and then plug it into another amp and use it as an effects thing.... Is the tuner any good???

Any thoughts on the Squier Affinity Tele???

Thnx
Haven't played the tele.. As a beginner though, I would check out www.rondomusic.net. I wish I would have bought something there when I first started.

I don't believe you could do that with it, and the tuner is alright it plays an A it's like a tuning fork so you just match that pitch with your A string and then you can use the fifth fret to tune from there.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Thnx 4 all ur help, unfortunately im in the UK so rondomusic is probably a no no....

Thanks soooooo much
Ah, so is my eBay auction too I guess.