right...

sorry in advance if there is another thread about this

i have heard from people at school and people on the internet that dragonforce's guitar playing is fake, and that they speed the solo up in the studio and the keyboards play it all live, or something.

i personally think that their music is diabolical, but thats not the point.

i just wanted to know, is it fake, or are these stories just a load of bollocks?

thankyou
They play Guitar Hero guitars live, and Herman Li sh*ts on the head of anyone who lets this information out.
/gets umbrella
dude is really playing guitar...but on a live show...its really bad...
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
its not fake....

Edit:^ yeah like he said, they can play that fast, but they just clean it up in studio.
They are just garbage players live. They are pretty good in studio, but stage fright and drunkenness get the better of them in concert.
Herman Ri uses sound enhancement pedal.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by bob-thebuilder
But every artist sounds worse live than on cd's and ****.

Not true. I personally like Slayer better live. Tom's voice is lower and deeper live than in studio. And Warbringer has so much energy live that it makes them sound better.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Slaytanic6606
Not true. I personally like Slayer better live. Tom's voice is lower and deeper live than in studio. And Warbringer has so much energy live that it makes them sound better.

Yeah of course the energy is better and the songs are all played up-tempo, but the CD version is immaculate, no notes or anything missed, is what he's trying to say.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by eyewin8
Everyone knows Studioforce>Liveforce

Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
I've seen them live twice (once was on The Black Crusade tour, I didn't pay to see them a second time), they were just as good as on record and near as fast. Just because of a drunken festival performance that got put on youtube everyone seems to think they're appalling. They're not.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by bob-thebuilder

Muse sound 10 times better live and they're already amazing on CD.
Paramore were better live. Bloc Party and Reel Big Fish were better live. Jimmy Eat World made some songs sound better live.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
If you sped up a solo it would be out of key.
Their solos aren't even that fast.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Those solos are defenatly sped up - they can try and fail to play them live, but regardless of Herman Li's skill those solos were sped up - do you hear the way it sounds on the studio version? Just listen, there's no way he's playing like that at that speed; the tone, especially in the picking and the articulations; no one sounds like that when they're playing at that speed, especially not Herman Li. Live is a different story I know he sucks but I'm sure he's playing whatever it is your hearing.
-Mike
Quote by break-me-in
Muse sound 10 times better live and they're already amazing on CD.
Paramore were better live. Bloc Party and Reel Big Fish were better live. Jimmy Eat World made some songs sound better live.

But you don't get the voice over (singer goes over their own voice) no notes missed, and stuff like that.
Quote by Woogles
If you sped up a solo it would be out of key.
Their solos aren't even that fast.

Not if you originally play it slower in a different key, and then match the other instruments to the key of the sped up guitar tracks.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by bob-thebuilder

not true, i listen to my tribute live album by ozzy more than i listen to the respective cds because randy sounded better live, the drummer and bassist are the originals (not the bs replacements ozzy made), and it's cool to hear the crowd getting fired up