I wanted to get back into guitar, I played for a few months, and got ok. Just mainly goofing off with a few chords, messing with power chords. I know I should have learned more, I just never really applied myself.

Anyways, the music me and my friend plan to just screw around with is some Ska/Reggae stuff like Reel Big Fish and Sublime to stuff like Rage. Now I am don't want to spend too much getting back into music, just in case I do drop it, but I want something semi decent.

My planned amp purchase is a Roland Microcube since I wont need to much juice for some bedroom jamming.

So anyways, I played this at my local guitar shop, and saw an Epiphone LP Studio (which sounded nice, on expensive amps of course, but still nice) which had it priced for $450 which is way overpriced, but they price match most online music stores like Musicians Friend, which has them for about $299. Anyways, I just wanted some final opinions. Also if you would like to drop me some hints on important things to learn, that would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
450 a ****ing good price for the guit..go and buy it i say i got mine for 1500
Quote by mr.lebest

This is the epiphone model buddy.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
Quote by mr.lebest

unless that was an elitist (and even then) you got ripped off!
1500 for an epi?!?
Quote by fenderwiz
Na. A Les Paul is for a more advanced guitarist.

^Ignore what he said.

Go for it. It's a great beginner guitar if you are going to pay that much.

It's got the hardware & such that you would find on a les paul standard, but it's got less "flash".
Quote by sektor47
^Ignore what he said.

Go for it. It's a great beginner guitar if you are going to pay that much.

It's got the hardware & such that you would find on a les paul standard, but it's got less "flash".

I agree, but bohuko will come and "wall of text" you on getting a standard.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by stephen_rettie
this is close to being sigged

I get it first!
<_<
>_>
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I agree, but bohuko will come and "wall of text" you on getting a standard.
Well that pretty much covers it. Yeah, get a Standard. Anything less and you're wasting your money. The exceptions are Epi's various LM Studios like the Floyd model or such like. They tend to take better care over their limited run models, so those ones are normally alright.

Though really come on, I rarely write more than a paragraph or two. Are you people really that damn lazy? It takes all of twelve seconds to read.
You might want to take a look at these Xaviere guitars if you want to save some money and get a better instrument at the same time .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I love my alpine white studio. But just make sure you get a good one, because Epiphone is kinda inconsistent with their QC.
Quote by syk3d
"ahh......yeah. I've just got this old acoustic. Will it be ok if I bring it on board?"
"drop your pants."

Quote by bokuho
Well that pretty much covers it. Yeah, get a Standard. Anything less and you're wasting your money. The exceptions are Epi's various LM Studios like the Floyd model or such like. They tend to take better care over their limited run models, so those ones are normally alright.

Though really come on, I rarely write more than a paragraph or two. Are you people really that damn lazy? It takes all of twelve seconds to read.

I swear, I never get your name right...! You do have a point there, they will often jack up the price on something if it's a LR, so of course the QC is gonna be a little better.
and yes, you do write upwards of 3 paragraphs commonly, which is considered a wall of text.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Hmm, saving about a 150 dollars is a lot though. Right now basically I am trying to get a decent starter guitar, and not spend about 450 dollars on a guitar. I am also thinking of a Fender Telecaster, but yeah I kind of want a Les Paul.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Last edited by Funcoot at Mar 29, 2008,
Honestly for the genre your looking at a Fender MIM Strat or Tele would be much better.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Tranz
I love my alpine white studio. But just make sure you get a good one, because Epiphone is kinda inconsistent with their QC.

kinda?!?!

+1 for Xaviere
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
Quote by soul_power
Honestly for the genre your looking at a Fender MIM Strat or Tele would be much better.

Well for a while I will be playing a lot of hard/classic rock riffs and songs while I'm learning. By the time me and my friend start doing enough ska/reggae and stuff like that, I will have money for a better guitar. Should anyways.
Quote by smirnoff_black