ok I know alot of songs use an alt tunning but I dont wanna mess with it.

I just want to stay in standard tunning how can i play alt songs? I there some type of conversion like....i dont know..... a G chord in alt tunning is a B in regular tunning?

what I have done is just go by ear but I would rather just go by the tabs people make but learn how to change them to standard tunning

Help please
1. Get guitar pro ($60)
2. Look in the instrument tuning section
3. Change the tuning to Standard E
4. When it asks you if you want to transpose it into standard tuning, say "yes"
5. ??????
6. PROFIT!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Tuning. Tuning. Tuning.

It is possible to play songs in alternate tuning with standard tuning - anything that's meant to be tuned a half semitone down would have to instead be played one fret down in standard tuning, so C becomes B and so on - but it's so much trouble to convert it, especially if you're talking about open chords like you mentioned in your post, that it's worth just changing the tuning.

Though having said that, I tend to just practice in standard tuning, if the alternate tuning is meant to be uniform across all strings. If practicing from an alternate-tuned Guitar Pro tab, it's possible to transpose it up automatically.

I was beaten to my thoughts on that
1 - learn the notes on the fretboard.
2 - learn how chords are constructed.
3 - win!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com