Page 1 of 2
...is totally rad. I mean seriously, he's the drummer/vocalist of the melodic death metal band Dagon (check them out on myspace if you're into that kind of thing) and when I see him in school, We usually get to talking about death metal or any great metal bands that come to mind. He'll be a real teacher next year (maybe).

Anyone else have any awesome teachers like this?
If only more teachers were like this. That is one of the reasons I want to be one.
My cool might be a little different then your cool, but through chance I was able to smoke weed with a staff member at my school (Not a teacher, but someone who is basicly a body guard for one guy at my school with a few mental symptoms.)
Quote by kammy1221
My cool might be a little different then your cool, but through chance I was able to smoke weed with a staff member at my school (Not a teacher, but someone who is basicly a body guard for one guy at my school with a few mental symptoms.)

wow, that's........cool, i guess (I'm completely against drugs, don't flame) but that's pretty ironic
In one of my tattoo magazines I read about the lady on the front cover, he was a slecturer like in University. She looked amazing (:

EDIT: My english tutor has a big tattoo at the bottom of her back. It's covered most of the time but it looks amazing. I think it's an octopus.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Gah, I wish teachers at our school were that awesome.

The coolest teacher I have is the choir teacher who used to let me play his acoustic during lunch.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by kammy1221

Ha! I smoked with my school's janitor while I was taking out trash during my Commercial Foods class.

"Don't worry, dawg. I didn't see anythin'"

He's the shit.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
lol my math teacher back in grade 11 taught us to swear in greek, smoked like a chiminey, and was addicted to Coke (the drink :P) and when he didn't have his Coke he wouldn't teach and just pace the classroom chanting "I need my fix" until somebody actually got up and went to the caf to get him on
I had a supply teacher that would tell a 30 minute story about how kids get her name wrong if you got her name wrong.

She sometimes told it more than once in a day. We said it wrong on purpose

Got longer every time. We hoped to get her every time the normal teacher said she wasnt gonna be there.
We didnt have to do any work.

It's like a cheatcode at life.
Quote by 20cdndollars
I had a supply teacher that would tell a 30 minute story about how kids get her name wrong if you got her name wrong.

She sometimes told it more than once in a day. We said it wrong on purpose

Got longer every time. We hoped to get her every time the normal teacher said she wasnt gonna be there.
We didnt have to do any work.

It's like a cheatcode at life.

Isn't Dagon from Michigan? I've heard of them before
Quote by Seryaph
Hold your tongue!! Spare our ears your vile blaspheme.

Chuck Norris doesn't die. He triumphs.
Quote by InTheUnblindOf
Isn't Dagon from Michigan? I've heard of them before

YES, lansing, Mi, where I live.

Do guitar teachers count. Because mine is awesome

Sure
ohh i had this 1 sub... damn lady couldn't speak english right it was horrible and she yelled to do our work but we could barley understand her... damn subs.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
I had this English teacher who spent 3/4 of the whole period telling us stories and she didn't even tell it in English. But she always had that magic way of connecting it to the lesson.

And we also had this Social Sciences teacher who had a smoking hot wife. I saw them making out in his car one time when I was going home late. God, he was so good-looking, too.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
My teacher for Welsh back in high school was amazing.
She was a total bitch but she was so ****ing hot! my god!

She always wore these low cut shirts and a thong (here ass was wow)
and she wondered why i was always distracted from the work! lol
But it was okay she liked to keep me after class , id say in my last two years in high school i spent soo much time in detention for welsh lol

i miss welsh
An old guidance counselor at my school played bass for Overthrow.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
My former ESL Teacher is guitarist/vocalist in a rock band,

We were always talking about gear.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by Grey Dynasty
dagon?
tight.
i think ive actually been to their myspace before.

imagine if he was on UG right now

Yeah, there amazing.
one of my teachers is really young and cool... she's like 23 or something and she like metal and all that stuff... we talk about music and bands sometimes...
My highschool philosophy teacher listened to a bunch of great bands (big fan of slayer), plays guitar, and he hangs out and drinks with us.

But Dagon, eh? I'm guessing it's Lovecraft inspired?
Quote by Archaon
My highschool philosophy teacher listened to a bunch of great bands (big fan of slayer), plays guitar, and he hangs out and drinks with us.

But Dagon, eh? I'm guessing it's Lovecraft inspired?

Yeah, he explained it to me, but I didn't really understand.

But slayer, wow. That's sweet.
Quote by bigtimber112
Yeah, he explained it to me, but I didn't really understand.

But slayer, wow. That's sweet.

Well, to summarize, Lovecraft was pretty much one of the greatest writers EVER.

He wrote a lot of horror combined with fantasy and sci-fi. Definitely fitting for a metal band.

I was actually thinking of starting my own Lovecraftian influenced metal band in the future, lol.
Quote by Archaon
Well, to summarize, Lovecraft was pretty much one of the greatest writers EVER.

He wrote a lot of horror combined with fantasy and sci-fi. Definitely fitting for a metal band.

I was actually thinking of starting my own Lovecraftian influenced metal band in the future, lol.

Wow, I suck. I get in now, H.P. lovecraft. No joke, I just bought "The Call of Chtulu and other weird Stories" yesterday, believe it or not, I did.

But yeah, I'm stupid for forgetting that
teachers ussually suck balls. thats awesome. dont dont have any teachers like that. but a long time ago there was a sixth grade teacher that had like posters of jimi hendrix and other cool crap on his walls.
his band is garbosauce.
Midnight whispers choke the daffodils, that were in your hair.
We watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail in my history class so I guess that was pretty cool. He was my favorite teacher and the only teacher able to make history interesting. He'd go on these crazy rants and somehow relate it to the lesson, and we'd leave the class knowing everything in the book without realizing it.

One of my art teachers had a bunch of tattoos and when we were looking at a Musiciansfriend.com magazing remarked, "Oh damn, is that the Zakk Wylde custom," but I never heard anything else from him.

Nothing like the Dagon-teacher hybrid though.
Last edited by 6_6_6_1_syn at Mar 28, 2008,
I've never had an awesome substitue teacher, other than the one who taught me how to juggle. :/
Quote by 6_6_6_1_syn
We watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail in my history class so I guess that was pretty cool. He was my favorite teacher and the only teacher able to make history interesting. He'd go on these crazy rants and somehow relate it to the lesson, and we'd leave the class knowing everything in the book without realizing it.

We do that in my drafting class every year

such a good movie
i hada sub who wound up being my rugby coach. He also wound up buying us beer, ive seen him headbutt the sh1t out of someone (busted his head open; a literal stream of blood was pouring out of his eyebrow. it was the single sickest thing ive seen in real life. at one point during the fight he was on top of the other dude with his blood just falling on the other dudes face and he was screaming YOU LIKE MY BLOOD? AHHHHHH!!! (think fight club)) he convinced his stripped friend to give me, him and few other dudes a free show, and i know countless people have smoked with him.

it was weird seeing him show up in class one day. i was like....ummm.. hello mr. sub whom i have never met before....<< >>
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Quote by no1flyhalf
i hada sub who wound up being my rugby coach. He also wound up buying us beer, ive seen him headbutt the sh1t out of someone (busted his head open; a literal stream of blood was pouring out of his eyebrow. it was the single sickest thing ive seen in real life. at one point during the fight he was on top of the other dude with his blood just falling on the other dudes face and he was screaming YOU LIKE MY BLOOD? AHHHHHH!!! (think fight club)) he convinced his stripped friend to give me, him and few other dudes a free show, and i know countless people have smoked with him.

it was weird seeing him show up in class one day. i was like....ummm.. hello mr. sub whom i have never met before....<< >>

whoa, i really dont know what to say to that
I had a sub last week for chemistry who had been to every continent except Australia and lived in Amsterdam for 2 years, grew up in Germany, and now lives in the states where he substitute teaches. He spent the whole hour just talking about his life. He was pretty cool I guess. He looked like an older and shorter version of steve vai.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Last edited by yellowshirtguy at Mar 28, 2008,
Quote by yellowshirtguy
I had a sub last week for chemistry who had been to every continent except Australia and lived in Amsterdam for 2 years, grew up in Germany, and now lives in the states where he substitute teachers. He spent the whole hour just talking about his life. He was pretty cool I guess. He looked like an older and shorter version of steve vai.

hahaha
Page 1 of 2