Well I have been reading about everyone getting radio stations on there amp. Usually due to bad cables or so forth. I kind of took that for grant it and purchased a few cheapo cables myself. Everything was good never heard a single bit of noise. Well last night when I was messing around I turned off the Isp Decimator for the first time in a long time and sure enough started hearing talking. I was like what is that, turned it up and I too got the notorious radio station dilemma.

But what’s funny is I had the issue fixed and it’s an easy one. The Isp Decimator was doing its job and I didn’t even know it. The thing is a brut and is worth every penny. But I did go out and buy some new cables and shortened everything so that will even further fix the issue.

Just thought it was funny that I had an issue and didn’t even know it. So rack up another win for the ISP Decimator...
I made my own cables out of good components (canare cables and neutrik connectors) and I still get radio stations sometimes. Is there a way to fix it w/o buying a noise gate?
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by elchico04
I made my own cables out of good components (canare cables and neutrik connectors) and I still get radio stations sometimes. Is there a way to fix it w/o buying a noise gate?

This is my first time really having issues. Im going to give it a test tonight with the new cables and no noise gate and see what happens. Another issue is faulty grounds in the guitar. Make sure all your solder joints are good.
I think that I should just redo all of the wiring in my guitar, its kinda messy.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by elchico04
I think that I should just redo all of the wiring in my guitar, its kinda messy.

Yea if its messy theres gonna be issues lol

I fixed a guys guitar 2 weeks ago that put on so much solder it got into the pots and stopped there movement. It was insane...
holy crap. thats a lot of solder. I was looking at this one site that had a guide for rewiring your guitar in a manner that removed unnecessary ground loops.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by elchico04
holy crap. thats a lot of solder. I was looking at this one site that had a guide for rewiring your guitar in a manner that removed unnecessary ground loops.

Yup, i should have charged the dude more but i cut him some slack.

Any little bit helps when it comes to proper grounds.
I run 2 different rigs, depending on what I'm playing. Both are fairly high gain (Metallica/modern metal, Van Halen 1) setups, & I never had any radio interference until I tried a Radial Tonebone Classic OD pedal. Same exact setup, same cables, no noise gate. Just subbed in the Tonebone for my OCD & I was listening to soccer games in Spanish .
That particular pedal just had something that picked up radio. I plugged my OCD back in, & the radio was gone. Weird. I wonder if the radio problem is more common with certain amps & pedals?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
i didn't get it till I got my engl preamp.
I got it worse than you though. I like soccer, playing metal over a country radio station is worse.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Just it after i purchased a cheap cable. But like stated Noise supressor is on 24/7 so who knows...

Also mine was some talk radio station, sounds like self help mumbo jumbo.
Well purchased new cables and no more radio station even with the Decimator off... The new cables actually took alot of noise out the system too. Well worth the cash.. No more cheapo's for me... Just posting up an update...