I'm looking for a tubescreamer to essentially tighten up my tone, Mesa's can be loose sometimes and also to get a vintage drive out of it. I've heard numerous people say the Bad Monkey is the way to go.

It's cheap (in price) and everything but I don't want to put something cheap, or low quality. in front of my $2000 amp, and I've never played it due to lack of guitar stores in my area .

I'm not saying I want the best and most expensive one, but I'm saying what should I look at, and the query about the BM :P

I'm not turing down the BM in anyway, just asking.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Last edited by tr3nt at Mar 28, 2008,
Take a look at

Keeley Modded Ts-9s
Analogman Modded Ts-9s
Cmatmods SignaDrive
Homebrew Power Squealer
Jacques overtube

Thats all iI can
I have a Bad Monkey and it's really good for what I use it for, but I don't know how it'll sound in your case.
I didn't want to get around to modding stuff lol.

I can barely afford the pedal as it is right now :P, I make my cash by selling random things on eBay :O
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Will a TS tighten up your tone?
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Ibanez TS7's are fairly cheap its a modern/newest model of the TS9

ive thought about purchasing one myself for my first pedal (im a beginner) or buying a boss or digitech pedal. The TS7 is around £28-£40 in Britain (sorry if your american, but still its a cheap pedal either way you look at it)
Last edited by RHCP_Nirvana_FF at Mar 28, 2008,
i think a bad monkey would work good for that. also id try i bbe green screamer
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
The boss SD-1 then.

EDIT: James in sliknot used the SD-1 in a tour.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
I don't like that pedal.

might be over budget but... id go for the ts808 or the fulltone ocd
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
What would be best for that mild pop punk overdrive?