Page 1 of 2
I don't know how many of you guys have heard of or like Propagandhi but they kick ass and theyre not really know because they don't want to be but they're the greatest Canadian band ever.
owow.

No comment.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Um, don't be mistaken. DOA is the greatest Canadian band of all time.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
im sure everyone in the punk forum has heard of propagandhi.
not really my type of music, kinda bland. and i never really liked songs with no choruses especially when it comes to punk rock. i like the song ska sucks alot though.

ps. greatest canadian band comeback kid! xD dont flame me!
the best Canadian band is Nickelback.

Propagandhi is a close second.

I love their lyrics with a passion, it's like... perfectly coherent political lectures put into rhyme and sung over badass guitar riffs.

Fifteen is kinda the same way.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
whoa i was listening to propagandhi 15 minutes ago driving home.
IMO:
How to clean everything (i think thats the name) AWESOME, totally awesome album
that split with I SPY, ok
Less talk, more rock ok
Todays empire, tomorrows ashes, really good i think, the S/T song has some of the best use of melody.......... EVAR
Quote by crustyreed
IMO:
Less talk, more rock ok
Todays empire, tomorrows ashes, really good i think, the S/T song has some of the best use of melody.......... EVAR

How to Clean Everything - the album that got me into them. It's decent from start to finish. Has some songs that are just okay, but most of it rules really hard.
Less Talk, More Rock - My favorite by a hair. A very solid album. I only skip one of the songs, the one about white supremacists. I think the lyrics are cool and funny, but the music is annoying. Everything else rocks balls.
Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes - My least favorite. There are some great songs on here, but overall, it sounds "meh" to me. The lyrics, as always, are great, but they re-use the same hook a bunch of times on this album, and I find difficulty listening to the whole thing and telling the songs apart. It also seems a little harder than previous releases, maybe because bass player dude left after Less Talk.

Question: Are the Weakerthans any good?

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
IMHO, the Weakerthans are phenomenal, and they haven't really done anything that's bad. If you're starting to get into them, I would start with Reconstruction Site (it's super catchy, if you're into that sort of thing), go to Left and Leaving, Fallow and finally Reunion Tour.

Be forewarned: Samson's voice can get a little grating after awhile, and that's really one of the few downfalls of the band. The songwriting's top notch. And if you're not a big fan of "indie" rock, you may not like them too much.
Quote by crustyreed
IMO:
Less talk, more rock ok

PCL>>>HTCE>>>TETA>>>LTMR

My favourite album of theirs is the latest. The lyrics blew me away.
they come from my hometown
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
Since we're talking about Canadian bands in general, the first person who mentions Dayglo Abortions is hereby evicted from this forum.
Quote by FuzzyBear

todays empires tommorows ashes is half amazing i just wast too keen on a few tracks like **** the border

Yeah, I also could have done without the sound clip of the farmers killing the pig at the beginning of Purina Hall of Fame
Quote by MassNerder
Yeah, I also could have done without the sound clip of the farmers killing the pig at the beginning of Purina Hall of Fame

THE VEGETARIANS ARE TRYING TO BRAINWASH YOU!
Propagandhi is boring. I used to like them but now... bah.
Quote by clapton-floyd
I don't believe in free will, I believe in Rohypnol.
Quote by FuzzyBear
i think they started off kind of average'y but have evolved alot

i think Potemkin City Limits is easily their best work, brilliant brilliant album

I agree. How To Clean Everything, Less Talk, More Rock, and Where Quantity Is Job #1 are good albums, but nothing great. Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes and Potemkin City Limits are absolute genius.
I don't get why everyone likes TETA a lot. I mean it's an alright album but it's nothing special. It starts really good with like 6 good songs and the last half is really crappy imo.

I've been listening to How To Clean Everything a lot recently, an essential punk album, the lyrics almost make me blow my load.
Last edited by Adam_Harrison9 at Apr 3, 2008,
Propagandhi suck, which is a shame because I love their name.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Ska Wars
Propagandhi suck, which is a shame because I love their name.

whatever maaaaannnnnnnn

anyways im broke right now but gotta remember to get PCL
Absolutely love this band. Supporting Caste is amazing, and will most likely be my album of hte year. Only album I'm not a fan of by them is HTCE to be honest.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Quote by misfitsdisciple
Um, don't be mistaken. DOA is the greatest Canadian band of all time.

thats right. DOA is the best canadian band by far =D
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
For me personally..

Propagandhi > NoMeansNo > Weakerthans > DOA
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Ok, the new album has been leaked - Supporting Caste. And it is just as amazing and everything Potemkin City Limits was. I'm listening to it this second. My favourite song is probably Human(e) Meat (The Flensing Of Sandor Katz) but this is just great.

link?
Quote by JustMimes
For me personally..

Nickelback > Sum 41 > Alanis Morisette > Propagandhi > NoMeansNo > Weakerthans > DOA

fixed

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
fixed

Eugene Levy > all tbh.
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
the best Canadian band is Nickelback .

Propagandhi is a close second.

I love their lyrics with a passion, it's like... perfectly coherent political lectures put into rhyme and sung over badass guitar riffs.

Fifteen is kinda the same way.

am i reading that right?

somehow, the punk forum never fails to disappoint me. then again, IMO propagandhi belongs in the pop-punk forum. a good band, but pretty poppy, and not incredibly original. pretty good guitar work though.
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Page 1 of 2