I just had a crazy idea. What if you could put a sad feel into shred? Like a Minor-ish, Dissonance-ish kind of fast solo. Are there any examples out there?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

A lot of Jason Becker stuff comes to mind, can't name anything off the top off my head...maybe "Concerto." The opening shred solo sends chills up my spine everytime.
A lot of early Testament.

A New Order is full of them...

That album is absolute ownage, by the way.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Woah Woah Mr. Pioneer. Don't get too original.

Sorry, I'm in a bitchy mood tonight :|.

and I hate my father
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
listening to "take a bow", the keys begining, you could do that on guitar, like shred ascending repeating a "5" note pattern on a minor scale

ill try to work something out
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
ya cemetery gates is great but it doesn't get fast until it gets more intense and less sad. And when I say shred, I mean VERY fast (MAB, Malmsteen, Vai, Buckethead ect.) and sad from a music theory point of view as well as a listener
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Hollow Years (Live at budokan) by Dream Theater

Insanely good song too.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Zakk Wylde's solo on "In This River"

I find it very sad, but emotions are relative.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
It depends on how you personally recieve the solo.

Something sad to someone can be just a slow song to someone else.

It doesn't depend entirely upon the solo itself.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by bingeandletgo
ya cemetery gates is great but it doesn't get fast until it gets more intense and less sad. And when I say shred, I mean VERY fast (MAB, Malmsteen, Vai, Buckethead ect.) and sad from a music theory point of view as well as a listener

Where do you think the theory of feel came from? Listening!
Check out some of Nevermore's stuff, Jeff Loomis is an awesome shred soloist with tons of emotion...

VÅDEDIT

Please, I am trying to help. If you disagree with the above, please don't be a dick about it as I've had a ****ty day, so I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.
Quote by rworsl
Hollow Years (Live at budokan) by Dream Theater

Insanely good song too.

That song is excellent. The solo is probably one of the best I have ever heard.