Just wondering, do you think that the more friends your music profile, or your bands music profile has on MySpace, the more you have going for you?

What I mean by that is, if you have 5000 friends, do you think that you're more likely to get gigs offered, weblabels/people interested in releasing/promoting your music etc, than if you had 500 friends?

I'm just curious.
This week I have mostly been listening to...

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
As an additional remark, I would advise everybody to stfu and listen to Buz XD

probably
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Every now and then i go on my bands myspace and try and add at least 20 more people..
More people hearing your music can't hurt.....
There are programmes to add people, like 100s at a time, thats why loads of crappy bands have 1000s of fans
Of course, if you have 5000 friends and you post a bulletin, most of those people would see it sooner or later.
More "friends"=More proof of having a real fan base=more people likely to come=ticket sales=money=the point of starting a business in the first place

so yes.
myspace.com/sidetrackedrock
myspace.com/scottkrausmusic

Quote by an epic mistake
Woah guys, this is actually the first post relevant to the thread in a LOOONG time. I applaud you Scotdizzle.

I found the damn sig thing!
Add a bunch of people and spam bulletins with your music player. Thats the way to do it.

Actually thats how a crappy local band in AZ did it and they have like 200,000 plays.
I'd say that as well as advertising on bands associated with your style of music, find people who live near to where you are.
I got irritated when one band I had added put their music player EVERYWHERE. My laptop froze. I deleted them.

However I imagine if a person has you added then they're more likely to have stuff going for you.
I mean most people hate band requests now, so if people accept and you have lotsa friends, surely that means something?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
bands add me all the time. but that doesnt mean i listen to them. but some people might actually listen to the bands that add them. it cant hurt to add more people.

but dont post a bunch of bulletins telling people to "go give us a listen". that just gets annoying.
Quote by GiantRaven
Amount of plays will be more important I would assume

Yeah, I thought that there would be a correlation between friends and plays, but I started recording the stuff I make on my Game Boy at weekend, set up a MySpace for it and what not, and half an hour later I'd had no profile views, but five plays, and I'd only listened to it once through on the MySpace player to make sure it worked...discuss.

Quote by meh17
There are programmes to add people, like 100s at a time, thats why loads of crappy bands have 1000s of fans

And yeah, Friendblaster, I've started using that for my main musical alias, its great and all, but 5000 friends later all I have to show for it is an extra 5000 friends and an increase in plays per day...

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by Buz O)))
Yeah, I thought that there would be a correlation between friends and plays, but I started recording the stuff I make on my Game Boy at weekend, set up a MySpace for it and what not, and half an hour later I'd had no profile views, but five plays, and I'd only listened to it once through on the MySpace player to make sure it worked...discuss.

...wait wut? >__>

Did you buy one of those cartridges that Kie was on about then?

...I r jealous either way.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
...wait wut? >__>

Did you buy one of those cartridges that Kie was on about then?

...I r jealous either way.

Not quite, Kie uses Little Sound DJ, but they're like, mega ****ing rare.

I had a chat with Scotch Egg about what he uses, Nanoloop, and decided to buy one of those.

Did you not hear my [Z-Brakkit] stuff?

myspace.com/zbrakkit

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by Buz O)))
Not quite, Kie uses Little Sound DJ, but they're like, mega ****ing rare.

I had a chat with Scotch Egg about what he uses, Nanoloop, and decided to buy one of those.

Did you not hear my [Z-Brakkit] stuff?

myspace.com/zbrakkit

I think I listened on here. Still not added the myspace.

I may just do it now.

Also, lawl ju just advertised. Laaawl.

But yeah, awesome. Lucky bitch, in with the crowd ¬__¬
Quote by SteveHouse
DJ Scotch Egg is one helluvaguy.

Although at first he didn't like me, I gave him half a roll up and he was disappointed that it wasn't a joint...

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss