Is there a certain order that you're supposed to plug your guitar into the amp. For example: are you supposed to turn on the amp and plug it into the guitar, or are you supposed to plug the amp into your guitar and then turn it on.

I was just worried that it could somehow result in damage if I did it in the "wrong" way

Thanks in advance.
It shouldn't damage anything, no matter the order.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
It's always safer to plug in before you turn on.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
well the easiest way to avoid any feedback is to have everything plugged in then turn on the amp. if anything have the guitar plugged in then plug into the amp after its on.
Quote by whosamerica
well the easiest way to avoid any feedback is to have everything plugged in then turn on the amp. if anything have the guitar plugged in then plug into the amp after its on.

whoa, pop city. hold your ears if you plan to do that at high volumes.

plug everything in then turn on the amp

turn amp off before unplugging. or hit a bypass if you have one (a footswitcahble tuner or a standby switch work well.)
I had to leave right after I posted this and didn't have time to respond, so it's a bit late but thanks a lot for the responses.