Hey guys, well i can honestly say that I'm a building noob, I've never really fooled around with anything other than the whole 'intonation/tuning/maintenance' part of a guitar...
fg
never changed pickups, etc...

well, i've been reading some guides, and with me getting a job soon, i figured that it would be fun to mod out my old ibanez grx 20 considering i have a much better jackson that plays amazing...

mainly what i want to do with it first is

A) refinish it

B) replace pickups [possibly emgs, or bill lawrence l-500xl]

C) put on a better neck [maybe one of the more mid range quality ibanez rg necks, or soemthing even better? idk... ]

D) Put on a floyd rose [this i don't see happening for a LONG time yet... I feel like I need to read a lot and ask around muuch more before i start even contemplating actually tearing into the wood of my guitar O_O haha]
after that, I might do some other stuff but those are the absolute major things that pop into my head

Although i haven't bought anything/started tinkering yet [because I'm still poor, yahaah], I have started checking out the tutorials on everything and been doing simple research to be more and more in the know of what i should be preparing for...

I was just wondering if you guys thought that my [a/b/c/d] options seem possible?

the main thing I was wondering on was the neck... because that's one thing i'm unhappy about with my current grx20; i was hoping for a good suggestion on that

-peace & thanks!
its all possible. for the neck, go to warmoth. they have most common necks/headstocks, however, be prepared to spend $200 or more on the neck
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
yeah, u will prob. end up spendin' enough to build one, and building one from scratch is more fun!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by LP Addict
If you are weary about having the skills to build one im going to be video-blogging a build, i guess yo ucould call it, for my next one. giving some details on how/what to do.

dude, I would LOVE that!!!

drop me a pm or something when you start it, I will seriously watch..

because I'm totally new to this stuff, it'd help out a lot as a reference!!

and as for all you guys, thanks for the comments, and I did realize after i posted it that that's what probably is going to happen is i'll spend enough to build a whole 'nother guitar...

I might just do that! haha

although, I might just buy a pre-cut body or something, considering I don't have the tools/talent/skill to fiddle around with a slab of wood yet...

I'd rather have a body that I know is going to be perfect the first time.. haha

I'll save the 'building from scratch' for when I'm a little more experienced with everything, and actually have the correct tools

thanks! keep the comments coming ! !
go for it!! and theres nothin' wrong with a precut body- by 'from scratch', i meant it isnt a cheap guitar that u bought and modded
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Maybe. the neck is easier to build, to me anyways... assuming youve done some before.

a body is rather simple. you have a straight centerline. you buy a template, line up the center lines, draw out, rough cut, sand to the template, etc. your guitar is only as good as your center-line.
^+1 the centerline is the hardest part of building the whole body...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
true- if drawing a line is hard, i shouldnt be building guitars... annoying is the right word
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking