So I turned 16 about 4 months ago and I am just getting really bored with everything. I really want to meet some new people and make some money in the process, I was thinking that I need a job. What is the best way to get one? Do I just go to random places and ask the manager or what?
Strip for me, I'll pay you.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
take a lifeguarding course. lifeguards generally get paid well, and you can pretty much hang out all day. you might have to put some cash upfront for the course if the place you wanna work doesn't offer it.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Jobs are crappy though and most are retail. Taking sh*t from customers for about 6 hours or so.
Go in, hand in your CV and wait. Or you could buy a newspaper and look in the Vacancies section and see what's there.
hand or blow?
just check ur street corners
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by PapaDelicious
take a lifeguarding course. lifeguards generally get paid well, and you can pretty much hang out all day. you might have to put some cash upfront for the course if the place you wanna work doesn't offer it.

Yea there is a man made beach about 20 minutes from where I live and they need lifeguards, I think. I know it is really stupid, the lake is pretty nasty too (Callaway Gardens).
Be John Petrucci's roadie/groupie.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Doppelgänger
Fast food, maybe?

No, avoid fast food like the plague except as an absolute last resort. Trust me on this one.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by johnpetrucci05
I wish I could tour with Dream Theater lol.

Oh trust me, I know...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by lotsofvolume
Work in a music shop?

Music shops (around here) employ like 10 people max and are probably all full with much more experienced and older people, I am pretty sure.
I just went around asking if anybody needed a helper or whatever.. and it didn't quite work.. maybe look for something in the papers..

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
try McDonalds for real..

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
drug dealer.

no, really, it paayyysss!!! like you have no idea! don't high on your own supply btw
Rig:
Ibanez RG270
Crate BV-120
Quote by Bearded_Seth
That's probably one of the most insightful things I've ever read in the Pit.
Grats, TS

Bastard Chain UG profile - Here
Lifeguarding is the most satisfying job I have ever had. You sit watching people swim and you get paid to be there in the case of an emergency. It requires some skill and muscle, but taking the class will condition you all in itself. You have to be able to act in an emergency and take authority, but that is also something that will come with confidence in your ability while taking the class.

The pros and cons are pretty simple. Pro: Chicks in swimsuits. Con: Fat chicks in swimsuits. Pro: Sit outside and get paid to tan. Con: Get sunburned and it hurts like hell. Pro: Good money. Con: Seasonal unless you're lucky enough to live in a good place or have an indoor pool.
Quote by ScalyGuitarrist
drug dealer.

no, really, it paayyysss!!! like you have no idea! don't high on your own supply btw

Totally. I've heard of people making as much as $2000 a day. Pharmacists are the least educated people to make that much, and most don't. I say screw school and invest in scales and a gun.
i need a job too. i searched the forum, thers like so many threads lol. i just typed resume and selected title only and found a **** load of tips. i finished my resume. Now i'm just gonna go to the mall tomorrow and hit up a bnch of shops and hand it to them and ask for an application. that's the hard part, cuz i'm not shy, just well a little bit, but like it's just something im' not used to. If u want to meet ppl, try volunteering first. I have to do 40 hours to graduate, and i needed 20 and it has to be for like a good cause, not some bull****, , so I looked in the local free newspaper and saw this big ass add for a festival raising money for epilepsy, and i met a lot of cool ppl. I never saw them again, i shoulda got their number, but the point is, it's like a job, but if u mess up, they can't sue you for anyting cuz u don't sign anything, u just put on a shirt and do ****, and act like u hate your job, it makes it easier hehehe. plus, u can network, and have something to make ur resume better.