I honestly think this is and overused sound and should be illegal! but since most new metal bands are doing it I.E. KSE I figured had better make sure I'm doing it right (and yes I know they are called pinch harmonics but squeals is shorter to type).
Zakk's squeals are really insane as I'm sure you all know. My squeals sound a lot like his and I think they will suffice, but is there something more to what he does or is it just the wicked guitar/stack that makes them so Zakk Wylde-y?
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
He has a lot of gain and uses alot of vibrato. I'd hardly consider it an advanced technique.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
his emgs combined with his amps make his pinch harmonics fiercer and heavier, it all depends on your setup and where u hit the harmonic in relative location from the pickup, emgs get a wild sound for some reasons, well all actives tend to get a better tone so
not sure, his EMGs and nice amp and tone or w/e would probably add to the squeal, maybe add a strong vibrato to the squeal aswell.
Quote by F8iscruel
his emgs combined with his amps make his pinch harmonics fiercer and heavier, it all depends on your setup and where u hit the harmonic in relative location from the pickup, emgs get a wild sound for some reasons, well all actives tend to get a better tone so

What? That makes no sense. You should be able to make that sound with more then just EMG's. And EMG's get better tone then what?
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by gagadude
I honestly think this is and overused sound and should be illegal! but since most new metal bands are doing it I.E. KSE I figured had better make sure I'm doing it right (and yes I know they are called pinch harmonics but squeals is shorter to type).
Zakk's squeals are really insane as I'm sure you all know. My squeals sound a lot like his and I think they will suffice, but is there something more to what he does or is it just the wicked guitar/stack that makes them so Zakk Wylde-y?

I totally agree that its overused, and player that is most guilty of this is Zakk himself.

some things to consider regarding this trick....

- high gain
- wide vibrato
- played on lower strings (thicker)
- often doubled in the studio.

A made a video lesson of it here
shred is gaudy music
I've been thinking about getting some EMG's but im not sure yet (a lame excuse for lack of cash).
He has a lot of gain and uses alot of vibrato. I'd hardly consider it an advanced technique.
I know this isn't REALLY an advanced technique but all the pinch harmonic threads are here so I figured this counts too. Also, what kind of amp's does Zakk use?

I thank everyone who has commented here.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Quote by gagadude
I've been thinking about getting some EMG's but im not sure yet (a lame excuse for lack of cash). I know this isn't REALLY an advanced technique but all the pinch harmonic threads are here so I figured this counts too. Also, what kind of amp's does Zakk use?

I thank everyone who has commented here.

btw this is the ONLY technique forum isnt it? Where else could you post questions like this?

btw EMGS are great.... you should be able to do it with pretty much any pickups though. I can get the sound out of single coil standard strat pickups. You just need the high gain... and try it on the lower strings.
shred is gaudy music