Craigo covered "true" hardcore, but in THIS forum, hardcore ranges from old school hardcore, deathcore, metalcore, etc etc. Basically, anything the metal forum chooses not to like. -_-
the only band that goes in here is a7x.
in the hardcore forum you can post true hardcore (see cragio's post), metalcore , and deathcore .

click the links for some bands to give you an idea what each of the genre's are.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
hardcore doesn't mean heavier or more brutal.
i have a friend who used to tell me "oh come on, slayer is way more hardcore than black flag, they're violent and brutal"
but its not
hardcore (short for hardcore punk) is actually a genre WITH definitions. go read it up on wikipedia and listen to some of the bands.
and just to let you know
hardcore punk =/= metalcore =/= deathcore =/= post-hardcore
Quote by Serpentice
is slayer hardcore, what about avenged sevenfold, and slipknot, i think i know the answer 2 that one though, sry im not a master on the genres

no they all suck

/fail at life
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.