ok so im just starting in the guitar world and i was wondering *ducks down and covers for when the rocks get thrown* what does floyd rose mean is it some kinda of shape or a paint job or a brand? i really have no clue so before you throw the rocks please telll me
A floyd rose is a tremolo system so you can change the tone on your guitar only some guitars come with that system which makes it a bit harder to change tuning frequently and change strings.

Strat rip off
G-400 alpine white (signed by Coheed & Cambria)
ESP MF-207

Crate V50 112

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
A floyd rose makes your guitar go "weeuuuwwweeeuuuweuweuweuweeeeee!" instead of just "weeeeee!"
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

Quote by dean.guitar.man
o lol the way people were talking i thought it was a paintjob

*Picks up and juggles some rocks*

Fortunately, you have been misled, and for the most part, you are forgiven. Now, please, if you're looking for a guitar, for your sake, don't get a Floyd. More trouble than they're worth for a beginner.

*Allows rocks to fall on feet*

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
yea i just got an Ibanez with an Edge III trem, and besides the fact i have barely any experience with floyd or floyd-style trems i didnt read all the furious users' post on how crappy it is...$400 down the drain... and it wasnt even my money