could someone tell me how to tune my guitar down with flloyd rose locking trem? im doin a children of bodom cover and when i tune down the bridge goes like into the guitar. i tried putting something under it while i tune it but than when im done and take it out from under the bridge it makes the strings tune really high or what ever..
-|-\/\/()/\/_V/\/\()|_|(
=============)
its really not an easy task unless you sink the trem permanently or use a tremel-no..but if you want to use the tremolo, it'd be much easier to just buy more guitars with tremolos. i prefer fixed, myself.
STOP!

The easiest way to change the setup for a guitar with a floyd rose is to take it in to a guitar shop and get them to do it for you. Floating bridges have to be set up in a specific tuning. It will cost ~60$.

I suppose if you researched it online you could do it yourself... but it would take hours to get the intonation and everything right.
no possible way without a d-tuner thing installed or something always under the bridge thats why i hate floyds
If you want to detune by a significant amount you're going to have to put heavier strings on and also have the guitar setup again...in other words don't bother, it's not worth the hassle.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
but than my guitar will be in the wrong key on you tube...
-|-\/\/()/\/_V/\/\()|_|(
=============)
I know...life sucks.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It depends on if you want to keep the whammy function active. I have FR, and decided I never use it in my playing style. I put a chunk of wood block in the back action of the FR, took out all but 2 springs, and adjusted wood chunk thickness by slight sanding to get my action just the way I like it. It stays in tune forever, action is ALWAYS the same, and the only PITA is unlocking the locknut to change tunings.

That's the low-buck solution. I saw it on a website (can't remember which) when I got tired of crappy action and string buzz in different tunings.