Eh, You really got me by Van Halen is making me pretty angry.

For the fills near the intro, where it's

G-4b-4b---------------------------
D----------3b-3-2------------------
A--------------------3b-3b-2------
E-------------------------------------

Is that the right tab? Because when I'm doing it, the sound isn't right. But I have almost the same tone as EVH does.

Any tips?
i play

G-4b-2, D-4-3-2, A-4-3-2

slight pinches on some of the notes
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah that sounds much more like Eddie, Thanks.

Any more tips/ different tab?
Inanez, where did you get your tab? Or did you tab it by ear?
isnt that song by the kinks? coz they do have a song called that
Yes Van halen did a cover the of Kinks song You really got me.

I'm using pinch harmonics.
Quote by Ze_Metal
Inanez, where did you get your tab? Or did you tab it by ear?

i got this tab book for christmas with like 6 classic rock songs. its got you really got me, smoke on the water, sweet child o mine, rock you like a hurricane, etc. it comes with a cd of a guy playing using the tab from the book so you can hear exactly what the tab is. it also has the songs with no guitar so you can play along. its pretty cool. any other questions about the you really got me tab? hahaha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Oh, that's pretty cool ^^

But I think I'm good for now, Got most of the song down now.
I don;t really want to start a new thread for this, but how do you do pinch harmonics..?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Well, i'll briefly explain it. You have a little bit of your thumb sticking out under the pick, and when you pick a string you you kind of do a hook or a digging motion so that right when you pick, the thumb touches the string and creates a high pitched sound