so I'm too cheap to spring for straplocks...

so I drilled a hole in a quarter and a nickle for each 'strapbutton' and used the felt circles from the original strap buttons to protect the finish. Anyone else do this?

I really dont think it needs pictures. Its just guitar-felt circle-nickle-strap-quarter-screw

besides it being frowned upon to drill holes in currency does anyone else see a downside to this? I'm still wondering if the screws are going to rip out after time but hopefully having a coin on each side will keep that from happening.
I need no straplocks! My 'strapbuttons' are colossal and never fail!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
Quote by livrockdie
so I'm too cheap to spring for straplocks...

so I drilled a hole in a quarter and a nickle for each 'strapbutton' and used the felt circles from the original strap buttons to protect the finish. Anyone else do this?

I really dont think it needs pictures. Its just guitar-felt circle-nickle-strap-quarter-screw

besides it being frowned upon to drill holes in currency does anyone else see a downside to this? I'm still wondering if the screws are going to rip out after time but hopefully having a coin on each side will keep that from happening.

Or you could use washers... That's what I did.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
strap locks are like 15 dollars D:
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
i hate how big strap locks are, or at least how mine are
signed,
your favorite poster
I just used lots and lots of duct-tape!
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
funny you say you are too cheap... but then you use money as your straplockers hmm....

but you still saved $14
Quote by Jayok
funny you say you are too cheap... but then you use money as your straplockers hmm....

but you still saved $14

$14.40, actually.
Yes, I was going to make a joke about that in my original post but decided against it.
The way I see it:
straplocks - $15
2 quarters, 2 nickels - $0.60
2 washers - __<$0.50

but hey, it was easier than finding the right washer- right?
Those dual design straplocks have huge strap buttons on the guitar, now if dunlop started selling those individually...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
my local music shop had a 60% off day...

yeh first thing i bought were some straplocks for £7 =P
Happy birthday Slash
Quote by Shred-Hed
What do you think the odds are that he'll read this...?

Quote by TJ1991
A lot higher than Chinese Democracy ever being released.
I don't actually have any form of strap locking on my guitars but apparently if you unscrew your straplock, and screw it back in but flip it round, it'll do the same job.

Even cheaper.
lol....*goes to cover coins with tape*

Edit: the way things are going over here right now maybe what we need is to take some currency out of circulation, that'll increase the value of the dollar XD
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Wel apparently defacing currency is treason, punishable by death so your choice, death or sticky out straplocks
(In the UK it is apparently).

Thats Only with notes for some reason, Can do whatever you like to coins