As a psychology major I've been learning about drugs and such. A lot of things that are designed to numb the mind (e.g. prozac) have fluoride compounds in them. Drinking water also has fluoride, so I'm wondering if there's a way to get rid of fluoride in drinking water. Any ideas?

I have started a much healthier lifestyle, no more meat, no more sugars, no more fruits or vegetables with pesticides. So far it's great, I need less sleep, feel less depressed and I can remember things much much easier.
Its for your teeth. If you wanna feel freaking great, start doing a moderate amount of excersice every day. Itll make you feel awesome.

Or yeah do what the guy below me said
Bottled water. Get like those huge ten-gallon jugs.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
yeah, they fluoridate small bottled water nowadays. And fluouride is in toothpaste which you don't have to ingest. And I excercise 1 hour everyday, all cardio though.
drink ur own urine instead its more sterile
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by The Spoon
Its for your teeth. If you wanna feel freaking great, start doing a moderate amount of excersice every day. Itll make you feel awesome.

Or yeah do what the guy below me said

True dat.

I used to be a hardcore runner and those five or six years where I ran 6 days a week, I felt like a champ. And looked like one too.

Not so much anymore. Gotta get started again.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
fluoride is utterly harmless in the doses in water. in fact, it helps keep your teeth healthy. just get over it. drinking bottled water is bad for the environment, wasting money on a water purifier is pointless...it's water, it's fine. wow.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by farcry
As a psychology major I've been learning about drugs and such. A lot of things that are designed to numb the mind (e.g. prozac) have fluoride compounds in them. Drinking water also has fluoride, so I'm wondering if there's a way to get rid of fluoride in drinking water. Any ideas?

I have started a much healthier lifestyle, no more meat, no more sugars, no more fruits or vegetables with pesticides. So far it's great, I need less sleep, feel less depressed and I can remember things much much easier.

Purification tablets, pool cleaner filters, etc.

Or just be like Chris Ryan and drink that piss.
Quote by Small Print
Doesn't boiling it purify it?

concentrates it, and I don't see why wanting to get chemicals out of water is such a bad idea. We survived millions of years without it, it's sugar that gives you cavities anyway.
By now you've realized asking on here is pointless, seeing as how the best advice you've gotten so far has been "drink your own urine".
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Quote by farcry
concentrates it, and I don't see why wanting to get chemicals out of water is such a bad idea. We survived millions of years without it, it's sugar that gives you cavities anyway.

damn college knoow it all hippie next thing you'll tell us is to stay away from any major company in the area because all they care about is cash so we should spend more money on the exact same product that i can get $5 cheaper at walmart
Quote by farcry
concentrates it,

Strange, I was always taught at School that when you heat things up, particles spread out, meaning that they become less concentrated. I'm pretty sure that I've seen on a video in School once, a scientist in a lab boiling water in such a way that there is only the H20 left, absolutely no impurities. It involved a beaker, a bunsen burner and some tubes. I don't think it's worth going through all the trouble, when the minerals in water are good for you anyway.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Do you have ANY idea how much bacteria is in bottled water?

More than in tap water? More than my tap water here in Puerto Rico?
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Do you have ANY idea how much bacteria is in bottled water?

I'm guessing by your response, you think that there are quite a bit of bacteria. However, I'm going to say that even though there might be trace amounts of bacteria, it's generally harmless.
Quote by Turd_Ferguson
I'm guessing by your response, you think that there are quite a bit of bacteria. However, I'm going to say that even though there might be trace amounts of bacteria, it's generally harmless.

You'd be surprised. There's more pathogenic bacteria in 100ml of volvic mineral water than there is in standard tap water. In the UK at least.
Quote by farcry

Quote by chinkboy7
damn college knoow it all hippie next thing you'll tell us is to stay away from any major company in the area because all they care about is cash so we should spend more money on the exact same product that i can get $5 cheaper at walmart

yeah ok then... way to stigmatize me for trying to lead a healthy lifestyle. And I'm going to walmart to buy a water filter right now

conclusion: quit being a douchebag.
Quote by farcry
yeah ok then... way to stigmatize me for trying to lead a healthy lifestyle. And I'm going to walmart to buy a water filter right now

conclusion: quit being a douchebag.

Well, I think people flared up at you because of your passive rebuking of their lifestyles.
Quote by Timothym
Well, I think people flared up at you because of your passive rebuking of their lifestyles.

Good point. In no way am I commenting on anyone's lifestyle. If you wanna drink beer and eat chips go for it, honestly, if it makes you happy, do whatever makes you feel better. Mind your own business and I'll mind mine.
well my friend once threw a bottle of water on the roof. we found it a year later up there, still sealed. we like to think the sun had boiled it enough that it was purified. either that or it was just very strong tasting water...