Hey UGers.
I recently picked up my acoustic Epiphone Masterbilt and noticed that there is a crack running along the top side of my guitar from the bottom to the pickups. I also have noticed that I cannot play a series of about 5 notes anymore on my top E string, they all give out the same pitch.

I don't use my guitar humidifier, and am not really sure how

I don't know if this is something that I can fix myself (heard stuff about wood warping back to its original form) or something I need to repair. Can you guys help me out and possibly give some remedies (and the cost of remedy).

Thanks,
-J
My Gear:
- Schecter S-1 Diamond Series w/ Duncan pickups
- Marshall JCM 900 Half-Stack
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

Recording: SM58, SM57, M-Audio "AudioBuddy"
"You've Got to Belong To It"
Wow....that sounds bad. When you say "just picked it up", how do you mean? From the store? From your guitar rack? Time to interrogate the people you live with. That sounds....really bad. Without pictures, i will say take it to a luthier. Im sorry.
well, the 5 series of notes problem is a high-fret. whatever the note is that all 5 frts play is the high-fret. you need a fret-dress.

the crack, i need a picture of it. it will likely just need some glue and clamps. i doubt it will need cleating.
It's not a bad crack, dogismycopilot is making it sound worse than it is. I have owned the guitar about a year and a half. Can you go into more detail about a "fret-dress"? I really don;t know what that means or what it would run me.

Here is a photo that I uploaded from my mobile phone (best I can do boys):

Hope you can see what I am talking about, I thought initially this was causing the fret-sound problem but I guess I was wrong. I didn't notice it before, it might have always been there and be cosmetic, but I think its a crack. I can't really tell if it goes through all the way or if it is more of a surface flaw.

Thanks for the help
My Gear:
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

BTW: It looks a bit worse than it does in the picture when you actually look at it. That is mainly because of the low quality. Don't want anyone to think I am overreacting over nothing
My Gear:
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

I don't know what that means?
My Gear:
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

I did not know this. There is no evidence that it is two pieces of wood and the "crack" in question is straight, but not THAT straight. It only runs on the pictured portion of the guitar and is a definite seperation of sorts
My Gear:
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

Since we are no father along.....take it to a guitar tech. As far as im concerned, you need to do that if you want it to be totally playable again.
Thanks, I guess I'll just bring it into shop
My Gear:
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2