The BOSS Metal Zone MT2, is it good?I need a distortion pedal to go with my crate palomino V32. If its not, what would be a better idea for me to get A7X, Metallica, that sort of sound?
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
I think it's a general rule of thumb that few pedals with metal in their name actually sound good for metal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
yes i have one and it sounds absolutely brilliant! works great for metal!!!
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
I have one. My Marshall JCM 900 didn't have enough distortion (or gain for that matter, and it goes up to 20) So I used to pedal on it and it sounds, eh, semi decent. Hums a lot, so you might wanna get a noise suppressor too. The pedal works really good tho when I plug it straight into my mixer, so I havent even been using my amp lately, lol.
..::RIP::..
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
I have it and personally I think it's a great pedal. I can run it through my Fender Mini tonemaster and make it sound great.
This thread is fail except the last post. If you have a quality amp like the V32, don't ruin it with a thin, fizzy, and harsh "metal" pedal. Get an overdrive like a BBE Greenscreamer to boost it with the amps overdrive. That will get plenty of gain for A7X and Metallica.
No! If you want metal distortion then sell your amp and buy one with a better dirty channel.
From my experience the metal zone is very thin sounding and hums a lot.

another option is to get an overdrive (not distortion)

^damn. beat me to it.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
I was looking for $400 shipped but after having it up for sale on like 3 forums and craigslist for a month I lost hope at selling it to someone so I decided to ebay it.

I know I'm not allowed to post the link but i'll just say that it is very easy to find on ebay considering it's the only one.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
i know I was surprised too. I got a lot of the "im interested" so I will never ask you about it again type responses.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by shoolocomous
I think it's a general rule of thumb that few pedals with metal in their name actually sound good for metal.

Nope, the general rule of thumb is that pedals with metal in their name sound like ass.

TS, get an overdrive pedal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
+1 on the overdrive.

If you really want a "metal" pedal, the best would be the Metal Muff, I used to have one and liked it till i didn't have much of a use for it (bought my tubescreamer)
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Quote by steven seagull
Nope, the general rule of thumb is that pedals with metal in their name sound like ass.

TS, get an overdrive pedal.

Thats kinda what I was saying . . . can you not read ?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

Quote by Geartrigger
^^What about the metal muff and box of metal though.

I've never tried the Box of Metal, so can't comment. As for the Metal Muff, it's no where near as good as the majority of UG makes it out to be. It's over-hyped and unreliable, and I'll stand by that.
Quote by shoolocomous
Thats kinda what I was saying . . . can you not read ?

*looks again*

evidently not

Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Geartrigger
^^What about the metal muff and box of metal though.

No personal experience of either. But these are the two that made me say 'most' instead of 'all'.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

I have OD on my amp. It doesnt pick up tapping very well and isn't as high gain as I like. Would a tubescreamer or metal muff work?
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Quote by bobbyj84
I have OD on my amp. It doesnt pick up tapping very well and isn't as high gain as I like. Would a tubescreamer or metal muff work?

Yes. It would boost your mids a bit to make you stand out more and have a better tone.