Page 1 of 2
I want it. It's the exact bass I've been looking for for a while.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
meh nothin special
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Quote by PunkRocker33133
I want it. It's the exact bass I've been looking for for a while.

Yeah, me too. I've always wanted a P-bass with both styles of pickups and the switch. I think I'm going to buy it.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
Looks alright, kinda of like Fender Lite or something that came out under that name (?). It'd be great to get some info on electronics, body woods, neck, etc.

Good bass player, not necessarily sure he's worthy of a signature though...

- AboveTheBridge (ATB)
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Meh, suppose its good for your punk bassist, I'm not a fan at all though.

How much do you think they'll charge out of curiosity?
Well the pick-ups seem to be Basslines, and the price is (EDIT) 799 at musiciansfriend. Also it looks pretty Badass
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
And it's a jazz, not a precision. The body looks more like a P-Bass, but apparently it's not (look at the headstock).

While it's interesting, I see no reason as to why it's so special. I like Duff, but his own bass? Meh. Could do better maybe.
It is a P-Bass body with a painted Jazz neck.

I checked the Fender site. A rosewood body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, with a TBX circuit (treble/bass cut).
http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0146500323#

And Duff has had is own signature for awhile actually, after the Fender Jazz Special was eliminated, Fender started to make them just for him, technically being his signature guitar.
PM me to join
Eh, I still don't see him being worthy of a signature. He's good, but sig-worthy? I dunno.

If I wanted that pup combo and a sig, I'd probably get a Tony Franklin. I'd rather have the de-tuner than the switch- you can always just cut the volume on a pup you don't want.

edit: read another post wrong. end edit.

I like the Jazz-style neck, but again, if I wanted a Jazz with a Precision pup, I'd get a Deluxe.

Also, the black headstock just doesn't appeal to me.

... that was longer than I expected. Sorry, guys.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I have to say, these things sound pretty cool. I really want to get to Andertons to try one out to see if it's just another money maker or whether it's another Japanese Fender signature worth buying (like the Marcus Miller, Geddy Lee, or Mike Dirnt).
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
You could probably just find an old, used Fender Jazz Bass Special on Craigslist or something, and slap some newer pickups in and you'll have the same thing for a bit less.
Quote by indie-bassist
I have to say, these things sound pretty cool. I really want to get to Andertons to try one out to see if it's just another money maker or whether it's another Japanese Fender signature worth buying (like the Marcus Miller, Geddy Lee, or Mike Dirnt).

good point...but it's MIM

so, probably not gonna be as good as those aforementioned sig basses
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I thought he had one AGES ago :/

Edit:

:: Close Window
Model Name Duff McKagan P Bass®
Model Number 014-6500-(323)
Series Artist Series
Colors (323) Pearl White,
(Polyester Finish)
Body Alder, Precision Bass® Body
Neck Maple, Jazz Bass Neck, Modern “C” Shape,
(Polyurethane Finish)
Fingerboard Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241mm)
No. of Frets 20 Medium Jumbo Frets
Pickups 1 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass Pickup with Alnico Magnets (Mid),
1 Seymour Duncan® STKJ2B Jazz Bass Pickup (Bridge)
Controls Volume, Volume, Master TBX Circuit (Treble Bass Expander)
Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle:
Position 1. Jazz Bass Pickup
Position 2. Jazz Bass and Precision Bass Pickups
Position 3. Precision Bass Pickup
Bridge Standard 4-Saddle (Black)
Machine Heads Standard Open Gear
Hardware Black
Pickguard None
Scale Length 34” (864 mm)
Width at Nut 1.50” (38mm)
Unique Features All Black Painted Neck and Headstock,
Skull and Crossbones on Neckplate,
Jazz Bass Special Logo,
Master TBX Tone Circuit,
Side Mounted Output Jack,
Thick Knurled Black Control Knobs,
White Dot Position Inlays
Strings Fender Super Bass 7250ML, NPS,
Gauges: (.045, .065, .080, .100), p/n 073-7250-005
Accessories Deluxe Gig Bag
Case Deluxe Gig Bag
Introduced 10/2007
Notice Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice

Sorry for the way it has came out, copied from the Fender website.
i saw that bass a year ago
is not new
BTW why the headstock say Jbass?
the body looks like a pbass to me
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Well if that thing is 800 bucks, then you can get FAR better P-Basses cheaper, i.e Billy Sheehan 's Yamaha Attitude bass for 600, and a Fender Jazz Bass Special (used)
ok am i the only one that noticed its a MIM....for $799? i mean it seems pretty sweet but definatly not worth that price tag imo
Alright, I know it was introduced 10/07 but it wasn't release until yesterday.

And imo, 799 isn't such a big price tag to pay. Its right around the Aerodyne and Deluxe basses by Fender. And compared to other signatures its actaully cheap.
PM me to join
Over time I've gotten used to the look of it, and it looks pretty sweet. BUt I'd find that's probably the only reason I'd buy it.

You can get the Fender Deluxe P Bass Special for $200 less, the Fender Aerodyne Jazz, Fender Aerodyne Precision, Fender Deluxe Active Jazz (MIM) for about $150 less, (Not forgeting the Fender Jazz 24 at $50 less ) the list goes on. There are much better basses for the price range. The bass really only has its name and looks going for it IMO.

- AboveTheBridge (ATB)
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

My best guess is that it is a p bass body, with a painted J neck. A bit like the Mark Hoppus sig, but the other way around (neck and body).
I'm not big on >$600 Fender MIM sigs - like Frank Bellos. However, both instruments look very interesting with features unique to their instrument and not available on other Fender basses.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
It's a beauty of a bass, that's for sure, but I wouldn't be willing to pay that kind of price for a MIM. That being said, I'd look into getting one used in a while's time.
not really a fan. Im sure it sounds nice
but it looks to..meh...
Im not into signature basses really. just seems stupid buying someone elses custom made bass.
I am however getting the fender aerodyne. its similar to this except it looks nicer I reckon
Looks like the biggest waste of money going IMO. Typical of Fender and their sigs I think. Plus I think the colour scheme is very odd, ugh..
signature
I don't like PJs, they seem weak to me...like half-assing both elements in the Ps and Js and trying to put them together...
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
donno... looks pretty ugly to me

i would go a little bit more and get the geddy lee
Coloration is ok but besides that it's nothing special.
I realy dont think it's worth 800 bucks. There much better ones for the same price.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
I like the opposite of what he chose.
I'd rather have a Jazz body and Precision neck.
Like the Frank Bello bass!
I like it, love the white/black colour scheme, only thing I'd like different is if the fretboard was also black. But that said I wouldn't pay $800 for it. I can get the Squier of the same design but different colour at local store for $299.
"If I was any cooler I'd be froze">>>Me

Epiphone Les Paul Custom,
Yamaha: FG-405
Yamaha: FX370C TBS
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz & Fretless Jazz
Vox AD30VT
Traynor DynaBass 200T
Hohner Button Accordian
Digitech RP350
Quote by Mecler
I like the opposite of what he chose.
I'd rather have a Jazz body and Precision neck.
Like the Frank Bello bass!

*CoughHoppusCough*
It looks decent, but it's not really worth the money.
Quote by .Anfield
*CoughHoppusCough*

1 dollar would allready be to much for that piece of crap.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by Mescalino
1 dollar would allready be to much for that piece of crap.

I love you.

A lot.

And for the record, both have the Jazz body/Precision neck, and coincidentally, no tone pot!
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Page 1 of 2