Hey guys, i went to GC today to pick up my bad monkey, and saw this guitar, it's gorgeous. It was listed as an srx2ex2 for $349.99, think thats a bass guitar. Is this a sweet deal or what?? It's listed as $449 other places, MF, GC online. I wasn't planning to get a new guitar this soon but i don't know now It was in blue btw.
Anyone who owns this guitar, how do you like it?? It has a floyd rose tremolo too.

edit: sorry heres the link http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=519785
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Piece of ****.

Any reason??
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino
The Edge III tremolo. The RG3EXQM is the same without the bridge. And why'd you bring up the bass?
Quote by Iceman 420
The Edge III tremolo. The RG3EXQM is the same without the bridge. And why'd you bring up the bass?

I was saying the RG3EXQM was wrongly listed as a srx2ex2 @ $349. On the MF link i put it says floyd rose licensed tremolo??? not edge III??
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino
An Edge III is a Licensed Floyd Rose (LFR), and most of them (keyword is most) suck, the Edge III being one of them. And the RG3EXQM has a hard-tail bridge. But I think that's an okay price, if you get it, I suggest just blocking the bridge.
Quote by Iceman 420
An Edge III is a Licensed Floyd Rose (LFR), and most of them (keyword is most) suck, the Edge III being one of them. And the RG3EXQM has a hard-tail bridge. But I think that's an okay price, if you get it, I suggest just blocking the bridge.

oooo, thanx for the explanation, i'll probably hold off on it.
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino
Take my advice: Don't look at any Ibanez below $600, and even at $600, a Schecter would be a better investment. I've got one of their most celebrated models, an S470, and it was a HUGE letdown.

What's your price range, style of music, and do you want a trem or no?
Dickless.
i used to own that guitar. i got rid of it as quickly as i could. it was horrible

i ended up getting an american deluxe v-neck strat
its amzing
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Take my advice: Don't look at any Ibanez below $600, and even at $600, a Schecter would be a better investment. I've got one of their most celebrated models, an S470, and it was a HUGE letdown.

that's bullcrap, the sz, sa and s series are fine instruments
Ignore that. Get it put an OFR on it. And it will be a bargain. That guitar is great. The edge III is not as bad as they say. In fact I think it is one of the better licensed tremolos when setup right. I however, changed mines to an OFR because I wanted all gold hardware. Trust me. Just do that, and it will be a great bargain. Those rgs are the best feeling guitars on the market in my opinion, with the exception of the new Gary Kramer guitars.

I would buy it. After you change the OFR it will be superior to anything at the pricerange. It is already one of the most comfortable guitars in the market.
Quote by WtrPlyr
that's bullcrap, the sz, sa and s series are fine instruments

Have you ever played an SA or S? The SZ doesn't have to worry about the badly made trem, but they all have terrible pickups.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Have you ever played an SA or S? The SZ doesn't have to worry about the badly made trem, but they all have terrible pickups.

What the hell is the problem with your ears?

Ibanez stock pickups usually aren't the most exciting pickups in the world, but they're not terrible.

As for this guitar:

The best option is to go for the hardtail version.

The Edge III isn't a very good bridge; it's not an STD with knife edges like some people here think it is, though.

When properly setup and without much abuse it will last you a while (ranging from months to, well, a bit longer). Still it's not really worth the hassle.

The Edge III isn't any worse or better than other cheap LFRs out there.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by MetalMilitia212

Price range is probably <$500. Wasn't really looking for a new guitar yet but if this was a great deal to not pass up i might've jumped on it. But i think i'll hold off a bit.

I like a lot of metallica, GNR, but also like to play jimi, A7X, Led, MCR, Aerosmith, and RHCP. Trem is not important. I wouldn't mind having one, but if the edge 3 is terrible then i guess not. Seems like all ibanez's under 600 have edge IIIs. Though changing it to an OFR sounds like a good idea.
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino
Last edited by flydude at Mar 30, 2008,