I was messing around the other day and I was about to plug in my rp80 (ya, it sounds like crap but its fun to play with) and I didnt cuz I wasnt sure if it would be bad for my amp. Is it okay to run it through a tube amp?
It will not hurt it.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
rp80's don;t sound like crap...it's just a matter of tweaking. And yes they are fun to play with. What I hate about a lot of digital processor is the delay between switches. It won't hurt it as long as you don't have the volume settings too high on the rp 80...I think. What I hate about tube amps is probably the same thing everyone else hates...the tubes. Tubes are a bitch to replace and expensive but the sound you get out of a tube amp can not be emulated no matter what kind of processor you have. Crank the drive, sit back and take the ride!
Quote by WeR138
rp80's don;t sound like crap...it's just a matter of tweaking. And yes they are fun to play with. What I hate about a lot of digital processor is the delay between switches. It won't hurt it as long as you don't have the volume settings too high on the rp 80...I think. What I hate about tube amps is probably the same thing everyone else hates...the tubes. Tubes are a bitch to replace and expensive but the sound you get out of a tube amp can not be emulated no matter what kind of processor you have. Crank the drive, sit back and take the ride!
Tubes arent really hard and expensive.
depends how many bulbs you have to replace and if you don't know what your doing then you have to pay some tech to do it for you. I like to keep it simple.
^Lol, bulbs.
But, unless you have a higher wattage tube amp, you usually don't have alot of tubes to replace.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator