I just got a Jackson kelly Ke3 and when i play it stading up the headstock has a tendency to lean towards the ground. Is there anything i can do about a top heavy guitar? Is it possible to add something to the bottom of it to make it heavier?
Has anyone else here got a kelly? im sure youd have the same problem
Last edited by HeavyMetaldude at Mar 28, 2008,
Four options

1)Deal with it.
2)Get you a wide leather strap.
3)Move the Strap button.
4)Sell the guitar, because it will get annoying.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 28, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Get you a wide leather strap.....

Ive kinda got one. Its wide at the top and on my shoulder, but thin down the bottom.
Same thing with the SGs. Just get used to it. I did.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
i played my friends uh...Explorer kind of thing i forget who made it but it was annoying, it did the same thing. He moved the strap button and it helped, but you have to move the other one as well or it feels weird on your shoulders.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by HeavyMetaldude
Ive kinda got one. Its wide at the top and on my shoulder, but thin down the bottom.

It sounds like you're wearing it backwards... or maybe i'm wearing mine backwards....

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by ugmung
i played my friends uh...Explorer kind of thing i forget who made it but it was annoying, it did the same thing. He moved the strap button and it helped, but you have to move the other one as well or it feels weird on your shoulders.

Move them to where?

It sounds like you're wearing it backwards... or maybe i'm wearing mine backwards....

I doubt it. It has i flame sewn into it and you cant see it if you put it on backwards. Im just assuming its there to be seen.
Last edited by HeavyMetaldude at Mar 28, 2008,
Quote by HeavyMetaldude

That usually helps hold it in one spot. Best ones have the suede/soft leather stuff underneath that stuff locks onto your shirt and wont let go...

Had the same issue with an sg i had. Finally i got tired of even with the strap becuase you could feel the pull on your shoulder. So i got rid of it.
just get a spare shoelace and tie it to one end of your strap and to the head of your guitar if you're feeling ghetto. if not, wear th guitar higher or get used to it
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
try a vice.

many ppl put vice's on the headstocks of basses, just to give the bass some more mass.

Kelly's are inherintly flawed guitars. Its the main reason why we dont see a **** load of them out there. I dont know why ppl buy these things......SG's are the same way. POS guitars that have this repuatation for being great. I also had a Les Paul that was the same way. Most ppl complain about the body being too heavy, but my headstock must have been made of lead.

I would try to sell it. Why should you have to conform to this guitar?

edit: I jut read theu the entre thread, and obv. SG's suck. All of you guys in the United SG club.....have fun playing your POS guitars.
ESP Vipers have that same problem, exept, sitting down, UGH, it's just the same, the neck is so heavy. But, you might not like this, but here is my idea. when you play, you're sort of supporting your guitar with your left hand (unless you're left handed) not really, but sorta, and if you worked out your left arm, it may not seem like it, but it might help at least a little.
Ibanez...and Tama drums...are the coolest.
Quote by I<3Pie
ESP Vipers have that same problem, exept, sitting down, UGH, it's just the same, the neck is so heavy. But, you might not like this, but here is my idea. when you play, you're sort of supporting your guitar with your left hand (unless you're left handed) not really, but sorta, and if you worked out your left arm, it may not seem like it, but it might help at least a little.

what he means is, starrt jerking off left handed for a month......see what happens
Just get used to it...I have a KE3. Great guitar, but it has neck dive. It's not really a problem unless you're soloing and stuff. But then you can just go Petrucci style.

And to richgray5: Kelly's, explorers, and SG's arent bad guitars. You're only calling them bad because they are not properly balanced?