So for the recent battle of the bands at my school I have a couple of options.

1. Play Cannon in D with about six other guitarist and two drummers. ( Not sure how it would work)

2. Convince my friend the lazy guitarist to work with me to make a song since doing a cover is not an option for him.

3. Go by myself and do a one man thing. Maybe Jeff Buckley's rendition of hallelujah. Sure maybe not the most original song but it's the only Jeff Buckley cover song that I can sing well.

If you choose option 3 are there any one guitar one voice songs that are amazing in order for me to stand a chance?
Smile alot today... okay?
You could try 2...but songs you force out tend to sound like crap....or go with tree
You could do the whole singer/songwriter thing, but I guess that requires enough musicianship to write songs, which you evidentially don't have.
D00d, I know a guy that was going to be in my band (until the drummer quit...) who's doing your exact no. 3 for our BotB.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
misirlou would be a nice guitar solo song, or some michal angelo batio, or satrani, or vai, any of there stuff might work
one would sound pretty badass id think, but 3 might be good also
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
well I don't think I'm the best songwriter in the world but I can write a song.

------> myspace.com/altruisticmusic

So I guess your suggesting I do an original. Maybe you just worded it rudely but people have liked my originals. It's just I adore Buckley as a musician and thought people would like that song.

and if any of my originals which should I do?
You could do a solo version of Tangled Up In Blue by Dylan. That'd be pretty great.
Prerecorded backing track? You'd look like a royal loser with no friends, but hey. Or you could just do the singer-songwriter solo thing.
Dickless.
If by yourself, I give you this important advice: Backing Tracks.

They make things sound a lot better. I have access to quite a few Buckethead and a few Dethklok ones, but I'm not really sure what you're into.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I'm doing the acoustic thing. like i said i could do the 6 guitar thing 2 drummer thing so that's alot of stage friends but not as much musicianship.