I am considering getting a Carvin guitar for my next guitar, but because I won't be able to try it out before I buy it I wanted to know if anybody has one and how it plays, sounds, etc.

Anyway, this is the specific one that I was looking at: DC400W

But if you have played any kind of carvin I would like to know about it, thanks
Awesome.

Top notch construction, great customer service, and enough options to make your head spin

/thread
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
Awesome.

Top notch construction, great customer service, and enough options to make your head spin

/thread

what he said.
I have a Carvin kit bass, kit guitar and a Jumbo acoustic not to metion a combo amp and a couple effects. Great guitars and great people to deal with also some of the best pickups I've ever heard.
I posted this pic in another thread the other day but here it goes again.
Thanks for the feedback, its really helpful and assuring that I won't invest in something thats not good.
Just one more question, how versatile would you say their guitars are (I guess I'm really asking about pickups because I doubt that someone will reply who has that exact model)
I've heard that their pick-ups aren't that good for metal, but other than that, I'm fairly sure they can pull off everything else.
Their pickups are highly underrated. My kit(pictured above) has an M22SD in the bridge and an H22N in the neck. They are wired to a P-model megaswitch(same tone options as the PRS rotary switch) They sound great clean or dirty, I can go from metal to country with the flick of a switch.
Check out their pickup comparison chart on their site, that's how I chose my setup.
the pickups are awesome. the ones on the guitar you said you were thinking of getting have 12 magnets instead of 6, so it picks up more. but anyway, yeah, they're made great. the necks feel amazing too, really good action, especially if you get jumbo frets. They feel good too.
Ibanez...and Tama drums...are the coolest.
Thanks so much. I don't think you even realise how helpful this is.
Thanks
quick offer of advice....don't get those racing stripes? really good looking guitar other than that
Quality varies on em bro. Plus its better to actually be able to play the thing before you buy it.
Quote by RichieKotzen
Quality varies on em bro. Plus its better to actually be able to play the thing before you buy it.

How do you know about the quality?
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
awesome, the only reason i don't have one is because i live in Australia
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10