I have a decent sounding amp for what I play, a combo, but it just isn't loud enough, and my band hates to move our subs out. (we have to take apart the staircase, but thats a whole different story) What are some other reasonably priced ($200ish) solutions. Could i buy just a speaker cabinet?
What's your current combo? If it has a lineout, you probably won't be getting all the wattage it can provide, but the addition of the additional cab will output the full wattage

for example, the Ashdown MAG300 combo series outputs 180 watts on it's own, but with an extension cab, that goes up to the full 300.
Well, really you should just go ahead and buy a new amp and cab. This would be fairly moveable and give you plenty of volume.

However, you'll need more than $200. Maybe mic up into a PA?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
or sell the current combo, to get a bit more cash for a louder amp + cab.

try going used, that will help
Quote by Deliriumbassist
What's your current combo? If it has a lineout, you probably won't be getting all the wattage it can provide, but the addition of the additional cab will output the full wattage

for example, the Ashdown MAG300 combo series outputs 180 watts on it's own, but with an extension cab, that goes up to the full 300.

Is there a specific cab it would use or would any cab work?