Poll: Would you sign with disney?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you sign with disney?
hell yes!
8 12%
maybe
7 10%
no
52 78%
Voters: 67.
so say you were playin in a band, and you guys were trying to get signed. But the only record label that would sign you was Disney, and only then if you changed your musical style to some bubble gum pop ****. Would you do it? Say you played hard rock/thrash metal, something like that.
Hell mutha****in NO
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
No...

then I wouldn't be playing the music I liked. The point of being signed is to get your music out to a lot of people.
Who dat?
Yes.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
good responses so far guys. no this hasnt happened to me, its just a question my friend posed on me the other day. I would never do it, ever.
never i would put my music as free downloads and let people here it.

i would never charge for an album i think if i wanted money i would play live al the time.

which is a lot of work but if you love it it can be done right
song stuck in my head today

Depends. Do I get to include subtle references to Communism and S&M in my lyrics, preferably at the same time? Covert enough to slip past the radar, but overt enough to be noticeable after listening closely?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
remember, you can use it as a springboard for your career, afterwards you can go on and probably sign with someone else or something.
No. Plain and simple
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Oh man, cause all I want at my concerts are a bunch of 9 year old girls.. yeah!! And I'd open for Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers, yeah!.. No. I wouldn't sign.
I know exactly what I think I'm doing.
Quote by Bubban
Depends. Do I get to include subtle references to Communism and S&M in my lyrics, preferably at the same time? Covert enough to slip past the radar, but overt enough to be noticeable after listening closely?

Hannah Montana already does it., so I don't see why not.
i would, but i'd read the contract twice and then once backwards, use a stage name, write some crappy songs, get rich, use money to fund my thrash project
hell no, i would never chang my band's sound (especially that drastically) just to get signed. especially by disney.
now i have a quesiton for some people. if the sam circumstances were as TS said, only you didn't have to change your sound, would you sign with disney?
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by cap'n curry
hell no, i would never chang my band's sound (especially that drastically) just to get signed. especially by disney. now i have a quesiton for some people. if the sam circumstances were as TS said, only you didn't have to change your sound, would you sign with disney?

yes.
Quote by Shadow_Hawk
remember, you can use it as a springboard for your career, afterwards you can go on and probably sign with someone else or something.

true, but all self respect would be lost and people could bring up the disney album no matter how far you get youre thrash or metal career going... and it will haunt you so no.
I breathe air.
y not? they're just like every other record compnay then, only 9 year old girls are obsessed with them. who knows, u might open up thrash metal or something to a whole new section of the population.
No way. I wouldn't sign to disney even if I played bubblegum pop.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Because Disney is known for converting death metal bands into kid friendly bubblegum pop music.

And no... and if you say yes, you did it for the "lulz"

Stupid thread.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by Dead_End
true, but all self respect would be lost and people could bring up the disney album no matter how far you get youre thrash or metal career going... and it will haunt you so no.

Yeah but imagine all the kids buying your death metal album, being familiar with your Disney music and being scared shitless. That would be worth it.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Well is it classical Disney (Walt Disney, Mickey Mouse, Aladdin) or gay disney (Hannah Montana)? I would go for classical Disney. And bubblegum pop, HELL NO. Only GAY Disney would put a stunt like that. If only Walt was still alive...
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

lol yes, we were talking about 'gay' disney. and i know its a pretty stupid topic, but i'm bored and i wanted to kno wat UG thought.
Hell yea I would. I would put out a **** album, but who cares? It's all what happens live for me. I'd be rockin' an ESP with a tits Framus and play Teh Heavi Metallz instead of what was on the album. This would lead to be being dropped, but I would still have that sweet gear and the money to get a good start on my Death Metal project, I.E. My main project before getting signed to Disney.
What would possibly possess me to want to do that?
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Because Disney is known for converting death metal bands into kid friendly bubblegum pop music.

And no... and if you say yes, you did it for the "lulz"

Stupid thread.

Thank God someone else saw that.
Really, it drives me crazy when people ask questions like this; they're absolutely ridiculous. A label that's interested in changing sounds isn't gonna go looking for thrash metal bands to convert. The amount of work and money they would have to put into that would make it such a waste when they could just as easily sign a bubble gum band or something damn near close enough that they could just tweak it a little.
It's the internet, you're not earning cool points by not selling out.
DOWN&OUT