I got this game today and I downloaded the patch for retail to version 3, and so far it's taken hours to install the update. Is this normal?

Also, I have never played this game before, is it worth it or should I stop before I even play?
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 > all
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
I don't know.

I've never played the new one, but the old games were great. I really liked that they added real parks in Roller Coaster Tycoon 2.
Signature temporarily empty
Quote by iceman_8319
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 > all

This. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 is a fun game, no doubt, but much of the charm of the first two was lost in the switch to 3D.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 > LIFE

seriously,

it was amazing

I never felt more in control of the fate of popsicle-like peoples
Quote by severed head
i own the first and third
the first was alot better, i think.

Same here, except I haved played 3 in years since a friend borrowed it and I haven't gotten it back since v_v
In RCT3, they took away the power to kill the peeps. When a roller coaster car crashes into them at well over 700mph (a cheat), they go flying and proclaim that it 'smarts'. Shame, on 1 & 2, if there was a coast crash the people on the ride would disintegrate into nothing.
Quote by Small Print
In RCT3, they took away the power to kill the peeps. When a roller coaster car crashes into them at well over 700mph (a cheat), they go flying and proclaim that it 'smarts'. Shame, on 1 & 2, if there was a coast crash the people on the ride would disintegrate into nothing.

Creating newer ways to kill my peeps was one of the best parts of RCT

also, see drowning and dropping into pits
rct1 and rct2 were very very good games

rct3 kind of blows. the fact that you can ride the coasters is nice though
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by sneyob
Creating newer ways to kill my peeps was one of the best parts of RCT

also, see drowning and dropping into pits

Drowning was fun. Best thing to do was to get a Steel Roller Coaster, set it to Launch (so you didn't have to have a full circuit), test it at a slow speed, so that it doesn't go over, get people on it and turn the speed up. It's best when launched off a cliff into water.

Quote by ep1kz
rct1 and rct2 were very very good games

rct3 kind of blows. the fact that you can ride the coasters is nice though

When you've got all the Custom Scenery and expansions, it's as good as the others. One of my favourite games. I never even did the scenarios, I'd just build as nice a park as possible in the Scenario Editor.
The original is much better. Get that.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Okay guys, seriously, I aborted the installation of the first patch, uninstalled the game, deleted the root folder, ran CCleaner, and did a complete reboot. It was taking so god damn long, I did this to make absolutely sure there were no processes running for no reason and slowing everything down.

Upon restarting, I re-installed the game, and ran the update. I started at 4:30pm, so it's been going for over 3 hours now! WHAT THE HELL?

EDIT:

Disregard this post, and this entire thread. I saw there is a gaming thread.
A U S S I E
Last edited by Jcore44 at Mar 29, 2008,
Original rollercoaster tycoons were the shiznit. Strangely I live in the same town as the developer, of the first two, I believe he sold it on for the third or something similar.