Page 1 of 2
Right guys, you know that when you get a call at 20 to ****ing 4 in the morning from a withheld number, it's a prank call.

This happened just now and I instantly regretted answering the phone.
However, turning the situation to my advantage, I decided to simply keep quiet and wait for them to make the first 'move'

After about 10 seconds of this, I decided that I had reclaimed home advantage somewhat, and breathed heavily down the phone for the short while until they hung up.

With a little quick thinking, I reckon I turned an experience that could be considered rape's closest relative -in the mobile phone format- into a minor victory on my part.

That or the heavy breathing gave them just what they wanted, but I don't even want to consider that

I suppose the logical question would be, what would you do to piss off a prank caller?
other than just not answering - don't be a dick.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
ask them to repeat everything they say multiple times
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
If they call and ask for someone, I usually cut them off mid-way with '-Is this George?" "No." "Sorry, Wrong Number."
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I almost never get prank calls. I'd like to think that it's because no one hates me, as opposed to the fact that no one gives a shit about me.

lol some prank callers called me and I told him "I know who you can call". So I three-wayed my friend and we all ended up prank calling together. lol
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

I just wait a few moments for them to say something, and after a while I just go "Ah see what ya did thar." And hang up.
A U S S I E
Quote by Doppelgänger
I almost never get prank calls. I'd like to think that it's because no one hates me, as opposed to no one gives a shit about me.

I'm sure it's more to do with the fact that people haven't made posters with your number on and stuck them up in public places
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

One time my friend kept prank calling my cell phone so I changed my answering message to "Hey hold on just one second...hold on...just wait...i just need another minute" for around five minutes. He called, I didn't pick up and it went to the message. I could just imagine the look on his face when after five minutes of waiting for me to pick up the machine comes on and says, "Please leave your message after the tone. BOOP."
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
I usually put the phone up to my speakers, quite funny.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
i kinda just play along.
like this one dude i know called me one time and was like "do you have a big penis" (i'm a girl), and i just said "hell yes i do, who's asking" and he just got kind of stuttery and hung up.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
try doing the old pretending that your a Radiostation DJ and their a caller
bam!
Quote by rosamamosa
i kinda just play along.
like this one dude i know called me one time and was like "do you have a big penis" (i'm a girl), and i just said "hell yes i do, who's asking" and he just got kind of stuttery and hung up.

I did that once, but after a while it became apparent that the guys knew a little too much about me, like even how old my sister is. I thought that was really creepy, and hung up.

But generally I dont hang up because its rude, even to people trying to sell me things. I just feel bad because, you know, they must get that all the time
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

When people are trying to sell me something, I like to tell them "hold on, I'll get my credit card"

then you see how long they will wait until they hang up
start asking them questions...
i do it to telemarketers all the time
thisismysignatureitisveryveryveryboringandasyoucanseeicouldn'tthinkofabettersigwhenididthissig
Pretend to be a high security place, and you need to take down their details for further inspection.

So funny.
EDIT: Lol, nvm.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at Mar 29, 2008,
Quote by HeavyMetaldude
Has anyone noticed that the same thing was said in another thread? u know 3:40, heavy breathing.

yes i was lurking in e posts to c if anybody cought it.
When i die, i wanna be burried upside down...so that anybody who doesnt like me can kiss my ass.

marilize leguana!
i used to put on a telephone sales voice and say 'Good afternoon this is the Durex condom company how may we help you?'

prankers were like 'wtf?'
feedback from an amp
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by ep1kz
ask them to repeat everything they say multiple times

"ur gunna get raped"
"lol wut?"
Quote by rosamamosa
i kinda just play along.

+1000 profile views.
"cletus? you want cletus? CLETUS GET OFF THE ****TER AND COME ANSWER THE PHONE!, Hold on a sec you know how he is, his poops as big as your penis" ect. ect. basically, creep them the **** out
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
I got pranked on my cell phone at the bowling alley. The caller, using a stupid nasal voice, asked, "Is this the sperm bank?" After a quick laugh, I replied, "Yes. Come on over, and I'll milk your prostate." I then hung up because I can't keep from cracking up for too long. My friends were like, "Who the hell was THAT?!?"
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
Usually with telemarketers, I make them tell me every little detail off their offer, such as a few days ago a telemarketer was offering me 'free hotel stay' and I was trying to get him to tell me what stitching technique was used on the beds etc. It's only good though if you can keep a straight face.
Quote by WaterPour
Usually with telemarketers, I make them tell me every little detail off their offer, such as a few days ago a telemarketer was offering me 'free hotel stay' and I was trying to get him to tell me what stitching technique was used on the beds etc. It's only good though if you can keep a straight face.

I try and sell them sh*t.

I told one about a 40 year old broken arm chair that I had. I was going to sell it to him for 3 crackers and a 1969 penny.
Me: 'Hello?'
Them: -no answer-
Me: -plays song- Never gonna give you up..
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
"Hello? Hello? [this is tom from warehouse 156]..just kidding leave a message *press pound sign for the beep*"

or

"Hello? ....[this is..] Hello can I ask whos calling, would you mind holding the line sir...*pretend to talk to other person* John have the operator trace this call immediately, Hello who's calling? You are calling in the middle of a homicide investigation please hold *moments pass* Yeah ok we have your number traced we've sent a unit to your location."

I stole the idea from greatest prank call ever
pick up the phone and be like "hello?" and wait till they say stuff. and just keep saying "hello?" as if you can't hear them. it's fun and the person on the other line just gets pissed off. it's pretty awesome.
Get caller ID.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
if they say like hello is penispuller there just go "yeah just a sec"
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
a classic is when you act as a promotins manager for a fast food joint
ive seen pizza hut and dominos pizza done
you just say"good afternoon/night your number has been randomly selected from the **** area to receive a free meal/offer courtesy of dominos pizza *town name*" if they think its real tell them to place an order for there free **** and give them a 4 digit pin or whatever
tell them that there offer is valid for only an hour
if you can , ring someone that you know
that way you can watch them walk in or whatever
its so funny watching them say a password to the guy at the counter theyre like wtf
Whenever some prank caller calls, I say, "Hello, Seattle Police Department" and they actually believe it and hang up. THey forgot that the number to the police was 911.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
I saw a link posted here to a prank call about being a detective.

Simply answer and ask the prank caller if he knows the guy he's calling. Tell him your a detective and that the prank caller could be used as a potential witness to a murder crime commited against you. (Remember you're a detective.) And then go on from there.
Quote by metallicat420
"Hello? Hello? [this is tom from warehouse 156]..just kidding leave a message *press pound sign for the beep*"

or

"Hello? ....[this is..] Hello can I ask whos calling, would you mind holding the line sir...*pretend to talk to other person* John have the operator trace this call immediately, Hello who's calling? You are calling in the middle of a homicide investigation please hold *moments pass* Yeah ok we have your number traced we've sent a unit to your location."

I stole the idea from greatest prank call ever

Seen it before, it's now my standard response.

Another one is whenever the guy says more than two words, interupt with "excuse me, sir", then no more. This heralds much awkward silence.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Page 1 of 2