Alright, so as of tonight I now realize what amazing tone sounds like! I have found my tone holy grail of sorts.

Earlier today I went to Long and McQuade to get my new 56 Epi goldtop fixed. Whilst there is noticed out the corner of my eye something so beautiful it made my heart speed up! It was the 63 Epiphone custom shop reversed Firebird V in alpine white. At this time I was looking to test out an MXR GT-OD pedal and I demanded to test it on the Firebird. After playing it, everything felt better. It had that Dave Grohl sound on the treble pup and the Johnny Winter butter on the rhythm pickup. I immediately realized that I was in love with this guitar, and the pedal was better than any tube screamer I had ever played through. I payed the extra 100 bucks after trading in the LP and bought the pedal.

I am playing the Firebird through my Epi Triggerman 60 DSP with a Danelectro Cool Cat chorus, standard Crybaby wah and my new MXR GT OD. I wondered if any of you have played either the guitar or the pedal? What are your thoughts?
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
Last edited by Shredding Sam at Mar 29, 2008,
I tried the pedal, but decided I prefered the TS9DX over the GT-OD. Each to their own though mate, so if you're happy then that's all that matters. Well, it's not all that matters, there's the slight issue of photos
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I just wanted to know if anybody has played this gear at all?
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
Are you sure it's the real grail? Are you sure it's not a grail shaped beacon or something.
/lame.
But, if you like it, good job. I'd probably dislike it though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I doubt that is the Holy Grail. but I do dig the Firebirds. Not for Dave Grohl (I kind of like him a bit more as a drummer, I don't know...)

My last trip to Guitar Center, I tried out an Epiphone Goth Thunderbird bass, and damn, it was just fun to hold, I have no idea why. Like, it was way out of tune and unplugged, but that sumbitch was awesome.

My Grail is a Gretsch White Falcon. I ****ing dare you to disagree.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
^ Monty Python's Holy Grail, right? Gotta love that movie.

At any rate... Never was a fan of the Firebird, but if you like it, great job. Now, give me and everyone else here their daily fix of gear pr0n and life will be good.
Try out a Gibson Firebird and you might (I dunno, never tried one) be even more in love
But cherish that, it feels good finding "that" guitar doesn't it?

And pics
Quote by Chris_Parker
I doubt that is the Holy Grail. but I do dig the Firebirds. Not for Dave Grohl (I kind of like him a bit more as a drummer, I don't know...)

My last trip to Guitar Center, I tried out an Epiphone Goth Thunderbird bass, and damn, it was just fun to hold, I have no idea why. Like, it was way out of tune and unplugged, but that sumbitch was awesome.

My Grail is a Gretsch White Falcon. I ****ing dare you to disagree.

I disagree.
Be cool.