Hi,

im thinking of getting a prs se single cut.. it seems like the perfect second guitar and maybe the best in its price range (~$600). Ive read a lot of review and they all seem good, but i wanted to check here to see if anyone had some personal experiences to share
thanks bros
prs SE guitars blow ass, ive played a few, had to work on 2, they were pretty bent outa shape, and they were brand new. figner board radius wasnt perfect, frets werent perfect. nothing id expect from a brand new guitar, much less PRS.
I owned a Santana SE that was pretty nice. I checked out the Single cut SE and liked it, but it isn't a $600 guitar, IMO. you really are paying a lot for the name. the tuners aren't great, the pups are only passable, and apparently they don't have a very good quality control system in place.

I recommend you play whichever one before you bought, opposed to ordering it. so you can get the feel before you lay down you cash.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
The PRS SE's seem to get compared to the similarly- priced Gibsons a lot. They've got decent specs, but the quality can often be quite shoddy, especially for the price.

The consensus seems to be that you're better off getting a midrange to higher- end model from another company than a ****ty PRS or Gibson.