I'm looking to invest in a new amp but I don't really have an idea of what amps would suit me best. I want a kind of early zeppelin tone, with the ability to get classic metal tones like in sabbath or early metallica. I'd also like it to clean up well for bluesier stuff.

I'm thinking about the Marshall Plexi reissues or the JCM 2000 DSL
fender twins and Vox AC30s intrigue me because of the high end cut and clean tone but I'm afraid of being disappointed with their level of gain and saturation.

I don't know much about other brands like line 6 or mesa but I'm not opposed to them

Bogner amps are pretty intriguing as-well but clearly out of my price range

thanks for the help
i dont recommend a plexi since you have to crank it to sound good, check out the jcm 900's, or maybe a ac30 with a nice OD pedal will work good. oh and the egnater amps are extremely versatile also, definitly want to check those out
I say JCM 800, Splawn Quickrod, or plexi reissue with an attenuator.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
if your budget is $$$$ id suggest a tophat

perfect for classic rock and they sound ****ing beautiful(think ac50 but tad smoother)
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
thanks for the reply, i have been looking at the splawn quickrod, they are sick. I'll have to check out those others. I heard Slayer uses the JCM 800 so they'd be plenty heavy.