I am thinking of buying a new amp withing the next few amps. My budget will probably around $800-900 but subject to change. I play metal along the lines of Iron Maiden, Anthrax, and Dream theater. I also play heavier like nevermore, necrophagist, and at the gates. Tube amps is a definite too. Cleans would also have to be decent atleast.
Last edited by TheNextJimi at Mar 29, 2008,
I'm not sure if you can find one around $1000, but a Rivera Knucklehead would be killer. BUT, if you save a bit more, Brunetti XL R Evo II all the way. Aside from that though, check out a Carvin V3, you could get the head for like 500 on ebay, and it's pretty decent.
I was just looking around and was wondering how the Peavey Valveking would sound, would it be able to do at least most of what I want?
Quote by Iceman 420
Used Peavey 5150/6505. Or maybe a B-52 if you want something more versatile.

+1
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by TheNextJimi
I was just looking around and was wondering how the Peavey Valveking would sound, would it be able to do at least most of what I want?

Yeah, but the amps I suggested would do them better. mike.h got a Valveking and pimped it out, but stock, the 5150/6505 or B-52 would kill the Valveking.
ok, do the 5150-6506 and B-52 come in combo form, a half stack is just unneeded.

edit: I have heard good things about Mesa, anything from them that might be worth a look?
Last edited by TheNextJimi at Mar 29, 2008,
Um, the Peavey 5150 and 6505 are two same amps, just different names. And both of them come in combo form.