im tying to find a good tube amp for classic rock like hendrix, led zeppelin, pink floyd, and journey.
it needs to take pedals well, and to be loud enough to gig in small venues.

i was thinking about a traynor or fender, but im open to other suggestions.
thanks
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Any examples of tones you're looking for? More of a british, marshall-y sound or a chimier fender-y sound? Are cleans important?
^Er...no.
I'd suggest the AC30 or a fender Twin+pedals, depending on whether you like american or british voicing.
I have a Vox Valvetronix 'AD50VT-212: 50-watt 2x12" speaker'
Its amazing and loud

I play Classic Rock as well, and i love this, i highly recommend it
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Any examples of tones you're looking for? More of a british, marshall-y sound or a chimier fender-y sound? Are cleans important?

im not very sure which i prefer. ive played some amazing fender amps but i just cant get over the incredible sound of a marshall
cleans are somewhat important, but not priority. i could always just us an OD pedal though.

i was thinking about a peavey classic 30 or 50, but can it handle much distortion very well?
i havent played one myself yet, but every video ive seen of someone playing it they were playing some really bluesy stuff.
dont get me wrong, i love playing the blues but i want my amp to be somewhat versatile and i get the vibe that the peavey classic amps are meant strictly for blues.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Peavey Classics handle pretty much everything up to Iron Maiden- esque gain levels well, it should be more than enough. If you're really digging one, I'd say to look at the 30 and maybe swapping out the speaker with a nice Celestion; Peaveys are notorious for having ****ty speakers.

There's also a myriad of Fenders in that price range, but I won't pretend to know much about them. A lot of people like them, I'm personally not much of a fan.

The Voxes are worth a look as well. You'd be looking at an AC15 or a Used AC30, most likely. They're much more tonally different than you might think, so try them both out and see which you prefer.
i have a classic 30 and it has an amazing sound for classic rock. it has a lot more gain than you would think. especially with a jj high gain tube set

edit: id also look at a ceriatone plexi copy
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by imnotastoner
i want my amp to be somewhat versatile and i get the vibe that the peavey classic amps are meant strictly for blues.

The Classics are a solid choice for all the artists you list. Better than any Fender in your price range, unless you can stretch for something like the Supersonic.

If versatility is what you're after, the Traynors are the way to go. I'd suggest the YCV 50 which has a Fendery clean channel and a Marshally crunch. Really a best of both worlds amp.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Traynors are good. i wanted one, but i couldn't find any in my country

You might wanna look into Ceriatones. They are more affordable Marshall clones that sound good.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
I'd definitely go with the Traynor YCV50 blue, it's a great amp for classic rock, real marshall-y overdrive and great fender-y cleans. They're really great value for money amps
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
traynor is actually a very good choice... from what people say around here it has the gain of a jcm 800, and fender's cleans
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Traynor Blue! You just gotta try one out. If I didn't buy my Fender, I would so get a Traynor
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic