How long does it take you guys to learn a full song? ( ex. Knocking' On Heaven's Door - Guns N Roses )

Do you get frustrated when you...
- Get stuck on a part? ( ex. solo )
- Can't remember the full song?
- Procrastinate?
- Give up on the current song?!?!
Does it matter? The point of playing the guitar is to have fun. Work on a song as long as you desire. If you don't fully learn it, then learn parts of another song. Soon enough you will want to learn the rest of the songs and it will happen in time.

Everyone gets stuck on a certain part of a song, procrastinate and gives up on some songs. It's all about how badly you want to learn it.
ya dude i agree 100000000000% with koikomoru, but i would say that if your gettiing stuck on the solo, just forget it. find the key and do your own thing
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
knockin on heaven's door is one of the first songs i learned it was fairly simple, but aside from that the key is (like the first poster said) to have fun. the satisfaction of being able to play something that i like and something that is difficult is enough for me to take the time to learn something.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
I don't "learn songs" I play by ear. Much more interesting
Quote by SoLgEr
ya dude i agree 100000000000% with koikomoru, but i would say that if your gettiing stuck on the solo, just forget it. find the key and do your own thing

i dont like making my own solos for other people songs.. if you learn everything but the solo whats the point? but i agree, dont stress if you cant do it, try writing your own song, then you can do what ever you want and it will be right.
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
you know, ive been playing for about six years.....and i can only play about two-three covers the whole way through....i dont know why...but ive never really cared about learning covers...i know about a million riffs of famous songs.....but as far as the entire song...nope. I spend more time writing my own stuff.....if our band can ever get a practice going again, then we will decide what covers to do and what not. but for now, im not worried about it....